• 49(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
(2016-03-21, 00:45)hdmkv Wrote: Lip sync. Tried 'Point Break (2015)' 3D, and I could notice lip sync in the first 5 minutes. Stopped and restarted playback, no lip sync.

Don't want to be pedantic (well actually I do - as if we aren't clear about things life gets tricky)

When you talk about 'lip sync' I think you mean 'lip sync errors' or 'error in lip sync' (i.e. A/V delay errors)

When everything is working well you have a set-up with good 'lip sync', when things are failing you don't have 'lip sync' (lip sync = lips in sync with audio)
I hope Intel will produce a new revision.
Just tested the 15th build. In Full Screen mode still have tearing issues AND audio is way out of sync. In full screen windowed mode picture looks fantastic but audio is still out of sync and projector doesn't switch back to 2D properly.

V-Sync is always enabled in Kodi. I can not find any other option for V-Sync in the Intel Graphics set-up.

This is on an Intel i3 4610 3.6GHz CPU with the Intel HD Graphics 4400 driver.

What's still not right about this set-up?
(2016-03-20, 23:33)nalor Wrote: Another thing I've noticed with the build 20160315 on a brand new installation of Windows 10 on my Asrock Beebox - the 3D picture has not only a visible horizontal shift, but also a vertical one when 'Use fullscreen window' is enabled.

(when I disable 'Use fullscreen window' the vertical shift is gone - but in this I notice some tearing, to me it seems as if vertical-sync isn't applied in this case? )
1. It looks like a hardware or driver issue.
2. The tearing means that you have VSync disabled at least in Kodi settings. There is no difference between stereo and mono modes. If you have VSync enabled in Kodi, then VSync disabled somewhere in driver setting. Does the tearing occur for non stereo movies?

(2016-03-21, 00:45)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, after my glowing review of DN2820FYKH NUC yesterday, I ran into some problems today (March 13 build)...

1. Lip sync.: try to disable audio passthrough.
  2. Pixellation and shaky playback of some ISO's. It's an issue of hardware decoder. The hardware decoder may hang in some cases (I don't know in which exactly) and Kodi has to reset decoder to avoid self hanging. It may produce a pixelation issue. Using software decoding is only way to fix this.
  3. No left/right eye swap. You were going in wrong way. You can swap eyes in Video OSD settings. Select last icon (wrench) and select Video setting. The Invert stereoscopic 3D mode (flip eyes) is that you need.
Afedchin, any comment on my log?

Praise Jebus!!! Got it working! It was a driver issue. Went through the process described by hdmkv to diagnose the Intel drivers installed, installed the older version and Huzzah! It works!

Picture is beautiful. Audio is in sync. CinemaVision works flawlessly. This has been the dream for 4 years and today it's Christmas, birthdays and Halloween all wrapped in one!

HUGE thanks for afedchin for the work to get us here. Спасибо!
(2016-03-21, 09:00)Caramba69 Wrote: I hope Intel will produce a new revision.

Intel have already announced a hardware change to some capacitors in the RAM interface subsystem I believe. Not sure if they are doing a recall to retrofit / replace existing Skylake NUCs.
(2016-03-20, 23:21)nalor Wrote: I tried a lot of things in the meantime and the problem disappears when I manually change my TV settings to 'full hdmi brightness range' when I watch a 3D movie, for 2D movies the setting 'limited hdmi brightness range (16-235)' is the correct one.

When I check the supported modes that my TV reports in his EDID data with my raspberry pi I can see that all FullHD modes are 'CEA' and so default to RGB limited 16-235. Is it possible that the mode used for 3D FP output is initialized as RGB full ?
This would explain why I need to change the setting on my TV - any chance to initialize the 3D output mode identically to the current 2D mode? Or at least make it configurable?
How to the output will be performed over HDMI is selected by the driver. There is no way to control this in Kodi.

(2016-03-21, 10:31)Skank Wrote: Afedchin, any comment on my log?
I have no comments. The issue is same as before - switching to stereoscopic mode was denide by the driver. Perhaps it will be fixed in next build but I'm no sure.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-BOXNUC5CPY...2058965778

This is the one to test - if this Braswell one works we're in business! Of course it'll depend if/when support is added (if possible) in the 3D MVC test builds.

HEVC decode (8-bit only I think but whatever), low power consumption, and 12 GPU Execution Units!

Same seller as the other Celron NUC - has an offer so if anyone is willing to be test to see how low it goes ($70 is the record for the other box, maybe $75 to start?)
Ok no prob
(2016-03-21, 00:45)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, after my glowing review of DN2820FYKH NUC yesterday, I ran into some problems today (March 13 build)...
  1. Lip sync. Tried 'Point Break (2015)' 3D, and I could notice lip sync in the first 5 minutes. Stopped and restarted playback, no lip sync.
  2. Pixellation and shaky playback of some ISO's. Happens with 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 (2015)', 'Rio (2011)' and 'Drive Angry (2011)'... likely others too. I picked the latter two on purpose as I thought it may only be affecting right-eye first 3D BD's, but 'Mockingjay Part 2' is left-eye first. I tested all 3 of these titles on my HiMedia Q10 (current-gen) and no issues.
  3. No left/right eye swap. While testing 'Rio (2011)' and 'Drive Angry (2011)', which are right-eye first, I find the left/right eye swap function isn't working... Hi @afedchin, is this a Kodi 17 overall to-do or just missing from your builds so far?

Screenshots below for issues #2 and #3 above:

watch gallery

And, here's the debug log for the 'Drive Angry' shaky/pixellated playback issue.

Ouch not good the pixellation
So thisis a hardware decoder issue.
For all hardware or just this hardware?
If its for all, then im out lol
@afedchin

I have lip-sync issue on the March 15 Build but not on the March 11 Build.
Hardware Intel NUC DN2820

Lip-Sync March 15 Build
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-21, 13:37)Skank Wrote: Ouch not good the pixellation
So thisis a hardware decoder issue.
For all hardware or just this hardware?
If its for all, then im out lol
Good luck.
New Krypton MVC Windows build: March 21 (+pdb)

Fixed:
  • Forcing change resolution to 1080p23 before switching to stereoscopic 3D mode. This may fix an issue when switching to S3D mode is denied by driver.
  • Possible fix for switching back to monoscopic mode when use full screen window.
  • Now Kodi properly handle BluRays where exteded view is a left eye view.
  • Other fixes and improvements from Krypton branch.

The OP was updated.
Nice to see this thread back!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5