Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) (/showthread.php?tid=102703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- MarcosQui - 2011-08-05

ronie, you are the man Rolleyes I admire your competence.

Perfect now.

Suggestion to the script:

Biografy server - comes from Last.FM and you can have the biography of the artist in several languages​​.

That would be too good, is something lacking in XBMC.

- ronie - 2011-08-05

MarcosQui Wrote:
Suggestion to the script:

Biografy server - comes from Last.FM and you can have the biography of the artist in several languages​​.

That would be too good, is something lacking in XBMC.

why don't you just use:
$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Artist_Description)]
if you want to display the artist biography?

also, there's a Last.FM scraper you can use when adding your music to the library, so all of this is already available in xbmc.

- MarcosQui - 2011-08-05

I made a mod for foobar, called Foobar2000 MQ, it contains the Biografy Server, where I see the biography in my native language, and can choose whether the data where it comes from, LastFM, Wikipedia or another.

In the data appear similar artists and a short biography or extended, is a very good resource. I've never seen anything like it for XBMC, but I could be wrong!?

See the image of the MQ Foobar2000, which reads 'Biografia'.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3509/foobar2000mqblackdescri.jpg

- ronie - 2011-08-05

sorry MarcosQui, i'm a bit lost here... :-)
i don't quite get what all of this has to do with the slideshow script ?

- the artist biography is already available in the xbmc database,
so why should we fetch it again?
- looking at the Last.FM API, i don't see a method to specify a custom language?
- similar artists, sure i can fetch those and provide them to the skin as a window.property() if that's what you're looking for ?

- MarcosQui - 2011-08-05

I'm sorry if I'm polluting your topic, I've removed the image.

The connection I see in your script with the artist's biography is as follows:
Your script fetches the image of the artist without the scraper, the biography would be the same way, just playing music that the script will fetch the data even without the music in the collection, a music on a USB stick for example.

If you have some free time to do a test with Foobar2000 MQ, you will understand better.

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/foobar2000%20MQ%20-%20Black%20v1.0%20-%20Widescreen.rar

- ronie - 2011-08-05

MarcosQui Wrote:The connection I see in your script with the artist's biography is as follows:
Your script fetches the image of the artist without the scraper, the biography would be the same way, just playing music that the script will fetch the data even without the music in the collection, a music on a USB stick for example.

ahh, cheers, that makes sense now. :-)

well sure, the script could fetch the bio, similar artists, albums and other info from last.fm

if skinners find it useful, i can look into it.

the only thing i'm not sure about if we can fetch localized info through the last.fm api ?

MarcosQui Wrote:If you have some free time to do a test with Foobar2000 MQ, you will understand better.

time is not the issue, the fact that i'm running linux is ;-)

- paul elder - 2011-08-06

I have artist slideshow installed in dharma, but how do I get it to work. I normally start the music playing then just leave it on the home screen, the fan art is displayed as well as rotating disc on the bottom right, but how do I make it cycle through the images??

- ronie - 2011-08-06

paul elder Wrote:I have artist slideshow installed in dharma, but how do I get it to work.

which skin are you using?

- xbmc17 - 2011-08-07

Roborob Wrote:Very nice script !!!!! I also requested this kinda script some time ago, and now it is here Big Grin.
I Downloaded it and it works very well. Thanks for that.
But I have one queston : would it be possible in the future to add more sites with pictures like HT Backdrops. So you can set the pictures to 1920 x 1080 if you want, and when there are no pictures for this resolution fall back to 1280 x 720 or smaller.

Thanks for your good work..

Agreed, very nice work. The advantage of htbackdrops is that the images are better quality and more consistent. The vast majority are 1280x720 and 1920x1080 images so they fill HDTV resolutions perfectly.

- PantsOnFire - 2011-08-07

but most of the time, there aren't a great many artist backdrops available. I think one advantage of the current system is last.fm hosts tonnes of images, and often, of more obscure artists. honestly, like the other day I got a picture of the sonic hedgehog music composer come up, brilliant! Smile

- paul elder - 2011-08-07

Hi ronnie using the best skin, which is transparency

- paul elder - 2011-08-07

paul elder Wrote:I have artist slideshow installed in dharma, but how do I get it to work. I normally start the music playing then just leave it on the home screen, the fan art is displayed as well as rotating disc on the bottom right, but how do I make it cycle through the images??

Hi ronnie

Using your skin

- MarcosQui - 2011-08-08

ronie Wrote:ahh, cheers, that makes sense now. :-)

well sure, the script could fetch the bio, similar artists, albums and other info from last.fm

if skinners find it useful, i can look into it.

the only thing i'm not sure about if we can fetch localized info through the last.fm api ?

I really can not tell, in foobar this works with a dll.

- ronie - 2011-08-09

paul elder Wrote:Hi ronnie

Using your skin

well...i kinda never got around to adding support for it in T! for dharma Sad

will add it to my todo list :-)

- paul elder - 2011-08-10

Cool, thought I was doing something wrong. Smile. Is it possible to try it with another skin?