• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration)
what it is:
this addon will download images of the currently playing artist from the last.fm and/or htbackdrops.com websites.
the skin you're using can use these images to create a slideshow on the visualization screen (or anywhere else in the skin).

why:
i've seen many requests on the forum lately from users who'd like to have a slideshow in the music visualization screen.

divingmule created the excellent Last.FM-SlideShow which runs as a picture-plugin and can't be used in the visualization window.

so i did a re-write of his script in a way that it allows for easy skin integration and can be started automatically when entering the visualization screen.
i've combined it with the ImageCacher script from grajen3, that will cache all the images downloaded from last.fm to your harddrive.
(benefit: if you play a song by the same artist again, the images won't have to be re-downloaded, so no more waiting for the download to finish)

addon settings:
since not all images on last.fm are of equal quality, there's a chance some low-res ones will show up in your slideshow.
if this bothers you, go to the addon settings and specify a min. width and/or height for the images the script should download.

info for skinners:

In MusicVisualisation.xml:

- 1) Run the script:
Code:
<onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>

- 2) Add a multiimage conrol:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
</control>

that's it. see the included readme for more info.

download:
the addon is available in the official addon repo, for both dharma and eden
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'll give it a try. I think it's very interesting. Thanks!
I have some questions:
1) do I have to edit the musicvisualisation.xml file to make it work?
2) does this work in library and file mode?

Thanks for the help!
perro6969 Wrote:I have some questions:
1) do I have to edit the musicvisualisation.xml file to make it work?
2) does this work in library and file mode?

Thanks for the help!

1) yes, see first post for the required changes to that file

2) yes, it works in both. may even work with some music addon used for streaming online radio.
in filemode, just make sure your files are properly tagged.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks for the help, but unfortunately is still not working.
I've done exactly the same as described on this post. Sure I don't have to do anything else? Maybe something obvious I'm missing?
I've got it!
I just had to turn off the audio visualization on the music OSD.
But...there's still a problem: when I start playing another artist, the pictures of the artist before are still displaying...
Any ideas?
perro6969 Wrote:I've got it!
I just had to turn off the audio visualization on the music OSD.
But...there's still a problem: when I start playing another artist, the pictures of the artist before are still displaying...
Any ideas?

if you could enable debug logging and reproduce the issue,
i will have a look at the log.

please post your Debug Log on pastebin :-)
Hi Ronie,
I restarted xbmc and now it works properly. It's great!
Thanks a lot for the addon and your help!!

Anyway, I have a suggestion for future versions:
Maybe you could add the possibility to use fanart or custom pictures inside the album folder, instead of downloading it from last.fm? Fanart right now only works for library mode and it would be great to see it also on the file mode...

Saludos!
perro6969 Wrote:Hi Ronie,
I restarted xbmc and now it works properly. It's great!
Thanks a lot for the addon and your help!!
glad to see you got it up and running ;-)
perro6969 Wrote:Anyway, I have a suggestion for future versions:
Maybe you could add the possibility to use fanart or custom pictures inside the album folder, instead of downloading it from last.fm? Fanart right now only works for library mode and it would be great to see it also on the file mode...

no fanart in filemode is a xbmc issue and i don't think a script should try to compensate for that (if possible at all).

i'm afraid pulling images from an album folder is also not possible in xbmc.
Integration in cirrus extended v2, works like a charm ! Smile
Thanx for all you're doing !
ronie Wrote:no fanart in filemode is a xbmc issue and i don't think a script should try to compensate for that (if possible at all).

i'm afraid pulling images from an album folder is also not possible in xbmc.

OK, I get it. Anyway, it doesn't matter: This addon is better than that :-)
Got it working in my Confluence mod. Looks good. Appriciate the hard work. Thanks !!
Noli illegitimi carborundum

butchabay Wrote:Integration in cirrus extended v2, works like a charm ! Smile
Thanx for all you're doing !

Mudislander Wrote:Got it working in my Confluence mod. Looks good. Appriciate the hard work. Thanks !!

cheers for your support guys :-)
Maybe I've found a little bug...but also a workaround
When listening to a various artists album or a compilation, the addon recognize the new (never played before) artist, but only 1 picture is displayed. To diplay the others I have to get out of the visualisation view and come back.
There's no problem if the artist have been played before.
Is this happening also to others?
Anyway, like I said, it's just a little bug.
perro6969 Wrote:Maybe I've found a little bug...but also a workaround
When listening to a various artists album or a compilation, the addon recognize the new (never played before) artist, but only 1 picture is displayed. To diplay the others I have to get out of the visualisation view and come back.
There's no problem if the artist have been played before.
Is this happening also to others?
Anyway, like I said, it's just a little bug.

it doesn't happen on my end, but i may need to adjust some timings in the script.

but...i'm gonna need a Debug Log to know for sure. :-)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration)1