Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - bluray - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 16:42)DJ-1 Wrote: Hi, I'm about to start installing drivers for my new build htpc
Mobo:Asrock z77e Itx
Cpu : i3 2105
4 Gb ram
Is there any particalar driver that causes issues with getting hdd bitstreaming?.... I.e: should I go direct to the asrock update site?, or whatever

Cheers
Please use this new thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.............and follow the instructions in SETUP section......

As for the driver, you can simply install the latest Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers.......

Re: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - DJ-1 - 2012-09-03

Gonna give it a try, let u know how I get on...

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Stettin - 2012-11-21

(2012-08-12, 18:01)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 17:27)Julestop Wrote:
(2012-08-12, 16:20)jjd-uk Wrote: Just in case you're not sure, this is what you need

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3435&DwnldID=21691&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+7+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DH77DF&lang=eng

I downloaded and installed the intel management software, but it didn't work.
I think I'm going to reinstall windows and start from scratch. I feel like I've fiddled with the software too much now and it's worse than before.
Is there another OS I can use that'll work for sure with XBMC to bitstream. Otherwise, I'll just reinstall and try to just download the bare essentials.

This is insane, I opted for high end processor because I didn't want any issues.
I'm also worried its a handshake issue, but my problem lies in the 'Compatible Formats' section of 'playback device'.
It doesn't seem that the issues are related to Windows installation.

Since you are using Intel HD3000 iGPU, you need to precisely do as below to playback blu-ray in 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio fluently-

1. Connects: HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables (set AVR to pass-thru video)
2. Install the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates
3. Select Intel High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
4. Select "Audio output device WASAPI: "Onkyo TX-SR606" (Intel High Definition......)" in XBMC settings/system/audio output
5. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
6. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
7. Try to playback BD with HD audio

-If you are still having problem after you done all the above, you can try Realtek HD audio codecs "High Definition Audio Codecs".....

If you need more info on how to bitstream using XBMC, you can check out this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........
(2012-08-12, 17:50)witalik Wrote: Ok so u only mean the configurations in XBMC itself ? The stuff that is described at the first post of this thread ? Or are they some kind of software/windows configurations ?
Please see my latest reply above....

I'm also having trouble getting my bitstreaming working on an ASRock H77M-ITX using i3-3220T. I tried loading the Intel Management Engine from the ASRock website, and also the Intel site. I've also went to the intel driver detect page and it says I'm up to date. What concerns me is that I do not have any device that says "Intel High Definition Audio".

I have these in my device manager:

Intel HD Graphics date 10/17/2012 version 9.17.10.2875
Realtek High Definition Audio 10/18/2011 version 6.0.1.6482 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - location 0
High Definition Audio Device 11/19/2010 version 6.1.7601.17514 - Microsoft - location 3

Screenshot before updating my Realtek drivers
Screenshot after updating my Realtek drivers.
Prior to updating my Realtek drivers, I've noticed that both my TV and AVR show up as audio output devices. Is this behavior normal? I think if both the TV and AVR are on, the TV shows up as an audio device. I would need to do some more testing to verify. Just reboot with TV off, and I suspect the Yamaha will show up as output.

This is an upgrade from a previous system. I used Sysprep to strip out hardware info (yes, i know a clean install is better for a MB swap), but I have spent so much time getting everything working perfectly, I wanted to avoid a fresh install if at all possible.

Could there be some specific setting in my Bios that needs to be set? I'm willing to try a fresh install, but would rather spend a little more time troubleshooting before I go that route.

Here's my original post over at avsforum. No replies to that one yet Sad
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1440330/asrock-h77m-itx-intel-i3-3220t-bitstreaming-problem

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - jjd-uk - 2012-11-21

Having the AVR or TV listed as an audio output device is normal for HDMI connections, it showing what the PC is communicating with to determine audio properties via HDMI handshaking which uses data known as EDID.

Make sure your AVR is on whenever checking sound properties on Windows as it needs the HDMI connection to be active to the AVR to order to do the hanshaking and list the correct properties.

If your PC is connected direct to the AVR by HDMI and there is no other HDMI connection from the PC then the TV should not be listed. If the TV is listed while your AVR is on then your AVR maybe have some form of HDMI passthrough or CEC enabled.

Remove High Definition Audio Device 11/19/2010 version 6.1.7601.17514 - Microsoft - location 3

Remove also the Realtek High Definition Audio 10/18/2011 version 6.0.1.6482 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - location 0 if you're not using SPDIF from the PC.

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - jjd-uk - 2012-11-21

Just looked at the Yamaha RX-V867 manual as I'm guessing that's your AVR from the above screenshots.

In the HDMI confiuration try:

HDMI Control - Off
Audio Output - Off

If they are not set to this already.

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - bluray - 2012-11-21

@stettin-
Your issue reminded me of what I suggested in this "post #11" reasonly....

What is is your AVR brand and model? How did you connect your system?

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Stettin - 2012-11-21

@jjd-uk

If I remove the devices "High Definition Audio Device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio Device" all of my playback devices disappear. If I refresh, they come right back and I'm back to the SV470M as output If I turn off my TV and reboot, the RX-V897 (Yamaha) shows up as output.

@bluray

I have HTPC->RX-V897 AVR-> Vizio 47" HDTV.. this is the same configuration as before when my ATI5670 worked.

If I go to properties on the RX-V867, I get the following decodes available

If I go into the bios and disable the onboard sound, neither device comes back, and I still have no playback devices. With the ATI cards, the audio goes through the graphics card. With the H77 chipset, it goes through the Realtek chipset instead of the Intel HD 2500 graphics?

I'm about to post a support question to ASRock to see if they have any ideas, but I'm not expecting much from them.

Any more help would be appreciated!

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - jjd-uk - 2012-11-22

Is SV470M your TV? if so check your AVR settings as the PC should not be seeing the TV, what Supported Formats looks to be reporting is the formats that the TV is compatible with.

Are you also sure the HDMI is fed through the Realtek chipset? normally the Realtek only feeds the SPDIF and analog outs for an Intel chipset with the HDMI coming from the Intel integrated graphics, in your case the HD2500.

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - bluray - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-21, 23:01)Stettin Wrote: If I go into the bios and disable the onboard sound, neither device comes back, and I still have no playback devices. With the ATI cards, the audio goes through the graphics card. With the H77 chipset, it goes through the Realtek chipset instead of the Intel HD 2500 graphics?

I'm about to post a support question to ASRock to see if they have any ideas, but I'm not expecting much from them.

Any more help would be appreciated!
Are you trying to get rid of ATI5670? If you are getting rid of ATI5670, you can remove it from the case. Then, you can follow the instructions in "post #11" to configure HD2500.......

If you leave ATI5670 in it, would as well use it....as you said, it worked....

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Stettin - 2012-11-22

OK let me clarify a few things

Old HTPC with 5670 is now my NAS (pulled 5670 and replaced with passively cooled 4550). That holds my media on 3x2TB drives.
New HTPC is H77M-ITX with i3-3220T, with the goal being low power and low heat

The 5670 will not fit in the case with the cover on due to the heatsink/fan, however I installed it just to make sure my AVR was configured correctly. I loaded the Catalyst drivers and launched Pirate Radio with TotalMediaTheater5, DTS-HD MA came through just fine.

I forgot to post above that on the AVR, - HDMI control is and was off. Audio output is set to AMP only (if turned off, no sound comes out at all)

If I go into the bios and disable the onboard audio, all sound devices disappear. Here is my bios screen:

South Bridge:
Onboard HD Audio - Enable
Front Panel - Disable
On/Off play - Disable (this allows your line in/out to work when computer is off)
Onboard HDMI - Enable

If I disable Onboard HD Audio, all the options above go away.

I wish the poster a few pages back with an ASRock could chime in with how he fixed the problem

I really don't want to go discreet video, since my power usage is just over 40 watts with this setup. It went close to 70 with the 5670 installed, which isn't too bad, but the card is not worth the power, and is 2 years old anyway. If I can't get this board to work I might just send it back to newegg and take a restocking hit and try something else.

(2012-11-22, 02:07)Stettin Wrote: I really don't want to go discreet video, since my power usage is just over 40 watts with this setup. It went close to 70 with the 5670 installed, which isn't too bad, but the card is not worth the power, and is 2 years old anyway. If I can't get this board to work I might just send it back to newegg and take a restocking hit and try something else.
I used to have AsRock mobo, and I never have to disable anything in bios. Since it doesn't recognize your AVR through HDMI, you might have EDID issue. You can visit this thread "EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's" for solution.....

You can try another HDMI cable between HTPC and AVR, and you try another HDMI port on your AVR too.....

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Stettin - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-22, 03:33)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 02:07)Stettin Wrote: I really don't want to go discreet video, since my power usage is just over 40 watts with this setup. It went close to 70 with the 5670 installed, which isn't too bad, but the card is not worth the power, and is 2 years old anyway. If I can't get this board to work I might just send it back to newegg and take a restocking hit and try something else.
I used to have AsRock mobo, and I never have to disable anything in bios. Since it doesn't recognize your AVR through HDMI, you might have EDID issue. You can visit this thread "EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's" for solution.....

You can try another HDMI cable between HTPC and AVR, and you try another HDMI port on your AVR too.....

Found the problem!

After loading the Realtek drivers, I forced the driver update of the "High Definition Audio Device" to the folder d:\asrock\VGA_Win8_Win7(v15.28.6.2857)\VGA(v15.28.6.2857)\DisplayAudio

Now it shows "Intel® Display Audio" and has the bitstreaming options!

One more question.. why would HDCP be not supported?

For some reason after all of my fiddling, my recorded videos in Win 7 Media Center got all choppy. I am not sure what went wrong. I have an Acronis drive image from 2 days ago that I'm going to restore then try to just update the Intel driver to see if that works.

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - jjd-uk - 2012-11-22

(2012-11-22, 07:17)Stettin Wrote:
(2012-11-22, 03:33)bluray Wrote:

Found the problem!

After loading the Realtek drivers, I forced the driver update of the "High Definition Audio Device" to the folder d:\asrock\VGA_Win8_Win7(v15.28.6.2857)\VGA(v15.28.6.2857)\DisplayAudio

Now it shows "Intel® Display Audio" and has the bitstreaming options!

One more question.. why would HDCP be not supported?

For some reason after all of my fiddling, my recorded videos in Win 7 Media Center got all choppy. I am not sure what went wrong. I have an Acronis drive image from 2 days ago that I'm going to restore then try to just update the Intel driver to see if that works.
The Intel Management Interface Engine driver handles that, go hear for instruction to verify whether it is installed http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-031600.htm?wapkw=management+engine+driver

(2012-11-22, 07:17)Stettin Wrote: One more question.. why would HDCP be not supported?
Try to install this "AnyDVD HD" and then reboot HTPC......check it again afterward....

HDCP issue can causes by a lot of things (HDMI cable, HDTV, AVR, etc)......

RE: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - buyyutek - 2012-11-24

Im looking for the cheapest blu-ray player. Can someone suggest me to buy it? I need it soon as possible. Thanks perfume malaysiaperfume shopperfumes importados
parfum pas cherparfüm günstigetiqa takaful