Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - exiledone1 - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-03, 19:18)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 02:21)exiledone1 Wrote: Hi,

Well I tried that and still no success. When I go into Set Content and choose IMDB and choose the each folder has only one movie option with the Local Files option in Artwork Downloader it's still not scanning my Ember chosen covers and fanart.

Here is what I'm doing set by step:

1: I added the Artwork Downloader Add On and turned off the downloading for movies and tv shows and enabled the Use Local Files Only
2. I went to Files, Add Source, Chose my folder with my movies, named it movies.
3. I than was taken to a set content screen. I chose the IMDB option, don/'t know if that is correct though.
4. I unmarked the Scan Recussive and clicked the first option instead.
5. I hit okay and it said I needed to refresh and I allowed it. It said it was cleaning database.
6. It started to scan all my movies. When it finished I checked my covers and fanart and none of them are the ones I chose in Ember.
7. If I go into movie information and hit refresh for a movie and tell it to ignore the internet and choose local it than will give me the correct cover and fanart.

I've never had any problems in the past with Eden and Ember. Any continued help or ideas would be great

Josh

Try setting your movies to use The Movie Database in XBMC and also set it to scan recursively. I've enabled downloading in Artwork Downloader for Movies and TV Shows, provided you've checked "Use Local Files" it won't overwrite what you have in your movie folders, plus it can download a lot of extra good stuff. I'd try it that way and see how it works.

Well I tried that too and no success. I just don't understand what is going on. The TV shows scanned perfectly but o matter what I do XBMC won't scan the covers and fan art I've chosen in Ember. Once again, if I hit movie information and refresh it will give me the proper cover and fan art. Dan do you have any ideas?

I have your Frodo button clicked in Ember but no matter what I do I can't get XBMC Frodo to recognize my chosen covers and fan art for movies. TV shows worked fine but movies I just can't get XBMC to recognize a darn thing from Ember

Josh

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 08:39)exiledone1 Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 19:18)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 02:21)exiledone1 Wrote: Hi,

Well I tried that and still no success. When I go into Set Content and choose IMDB and choose the each folder has only one movie option with the Local Files option in Artwork Downloader it's still not scanning my Ember chosen covers and fanart.

Here is what I'm doing set by step:

1: I added the Artwork Downloader Add On and turned off the downloading for movies and tv shows and enabled the Use Local Files Only
2. I went to Files, Add Source, Chose my folder with my movies, named it movies.
3. I than was taken to a set content screen. I chose the IMDB option, don/'t know if that is correct though.
4. I unmarked the Scan Recussive and clicked the first option instead.
5. I hit okay and it said I needed to refresh and I allowed it. It said it was cleaning database.
6. It started to scan all my movies. When it finished I checked my covers and fanart and none of them are the ones I chose in Ember.
7. If I go into movie information and hit refresh for a movie and tell it to ignore the internet and choose local it than will give me the correct cover and fanart.

I've never had any problems in the past with Eden and Ember. Any continued help or ideas would be great

Josh

Try setting your movies to use The Movie Database in XBMC and also set it to scan recursively. I've enabled downloading in Artwork Downloader for Movies and TV Shows, provided you've checked "Use Local Files" it won't overwrite what you have in your movie folders, plus it can download a lot of extra good stuff. I'd try it that way and see how it works.

Well I tried that too and no success. I just don't understand what is going on. The TV shows scanned perfectly but o matter what I do XBMC won't scan the covers and fan art I've chosen in Ember. Once again, if I hit movie information and refresh it will give me the proper cover and fan art. Dan do you have any ideas?

I have your Frodo button clicked in Ember but no matter what I do I can't get XBMC Frodo to recognize my chosen covers and fan art for movies. TV shows worked fine but movies I just can't get XBMC to recognize a darn thing from Ember

Josh

Try to delete the textures13.? file in the XBMC user folder (I don't know the exactly name of the textures file).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - exiledone1 - 2013-02-04

Okay trying that now Dan and I'll report back. Thanks for everything Smile Okay I found the folder and it has a texture 13 file and texture 6 file. As you mentioned I'll delete the texture 13 file only

THanks

Dan!!!!

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! Thank you, Thank You! That solved the problem. Everything loaded without a problem. I owe you a beer my friend!

Thanks

Josh

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-02-04

The latest version of Ember you can find in my signature.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Wolf666 - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-03, 19:00)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 17:03)DanCooper Wrote: If anyone wants to help Ember can be translated into more languages ​​you can register and help with Transifex.

If someone wants an additional language please tell me, I do not know if you can do it or if I should first create the language.

Hi Dan,

first of all I warmly thank you and the previous developer for your work. I've been using Ember since the beginning and it perfectly fits my needs even if I don' use XMBC.
I own a Popcorn Hour A210, running YAMJ + Eversion, NFO's generated by Ember work really fine (at least for movies).

I can best show my appreciation trying to collaborate in the italian translation, let me know.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kevn57 - 2013-02-04

Could anyone please tell me where I might download Windows binaries of the program, http://ember.purplepig.net was down all day yesterday and is still down this morning. I know I can get an older version on sourceforge but I'd rather have the latest and greatest and I have no idea how to compile the source code from github. Thanks.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DerKiLLa - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 15:47)kevn57 Wrote: Could anyone please tell me where I might download Windows binaries of the program, http://ember.purplepig.net was down all day yesterday and is still down this morning. I know I can get an older version on sourceforge but I'd rather have the latest and greatest and I have no idea how to compile the source code from github. Thanks.
Take a look at DanCoopers signature Wink

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - kevn57 - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 15:48)DerKiLLa Wrote: Take a look at DanCoopers signature Wink

Thanks

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-04

I had a strange issue with Frodo last week, I switch over to the Neon skin because even through Aeon Nox is cool still kind of a heavy skin. I am glad I did because half my TV Shows didn't have logo's.

I had to manually look in each folder within Frodo to get them to show. Any ideas why? I thought I Ember deleted them all and it was Frodo refusing to look at them. If I never download Neon for Frodo skin I would have never caught this. I don't think Aeon Nox does logo's.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - ynksbsbll2 - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 17:59)Randall Lind Wrote: I had a strange issue with Frodo last week, I switch over to the Neon skin because even through Aeon Nox is cool still kind of a heavy skin. I am glad I did because half my TV Shows didn't have logo's.

I had to manually look in each folder within Frodo to get them to show. Any ideas why? I thought I Ember deleted them all and it was Frodo refusing to look at them. If I never download Neon for Frodo skin I would have never caught this. I don't think Aeon Nox does logo's.

Have you run Artwork Downloader from within XBMC yet with the "Use local files" option checked? Aeon Nox most certainly uses logos, but you need to run that add-on before anything will show up.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Dragen - 2013-02-04

All Nfos must also contain the <ID></ID> tag, which must carry a valid themoviedb/thetvdb code. All movies/shows must then be readded to xbmc.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 18:07)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 17:59)Randall Lind Wrote: I had a strange issue with Frodo last week, I switch over to the Neon skin because even through Aeon Nox is cool still kind of a heavy skin. I am glad I did because half my TV Shows didn't have logo's.

Have you run Artwork Downloader from within XBMC yet with the "Use local files" option checked? Aeon Nox most certainly uses logos, but you need to run that add-on before anything will show up.

I didn't know it had that option I will set it now.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - shaktoo - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-04, 20:01)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 18:07)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:

I didn't know it had that option I will set it now.
dosen't work for custom logo's i.e for stuff which is not present or whose nfo's are not scrapable from tvdb/imdb === will not show even with "use local files " option. has been requested in AD thread.

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Pr.Sinister - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-03, 23:32)bodrick Wrote: In other news, I'm working on integrating some of the great fixes that have been contributed, as well as push forward with my new version that shall hopefully eliminate the issue with broken scrapers etc. Right now its still very alpha, doesn't scrape properly and has a lot of missing functionality but my current goal is to get something into the hands of you guys in hopes of testing it, giving me honest feedback and go from there.

Sorry I've been a bit out of the loop lately, my life has been one heck of a roller coaster, I've faced a lot of interesting life challenges and feel like things are slowly getting back on track. I'm hoping I can dedicate more time to ember (which I love) and love to continue the work I started when I picked development back up. Thanks for supporting me and for all those who have donated.

This is the greatest news ever... I always said that the smartest way to go about it is to create a program that can use the XBMC Scrapers. Those get updated within hours of being broken and it gives the end users soooooooooo many choices. Thank you so much for trying to make this a reality. Also glad to hear you are coming out on top with regards to the life challenges.

Keep up the good work. Will be donating on the next pay cycle Wink