• 171(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-02-02, 18:57)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 17:45)>>X<< Wrote: There's no need to do this if you have already scraped your movies into frodo and your nfo's contained actor urls, XBMC will have already scraped all your actor thumbs all you need to do is export your library to separate files.

When it asks export thumbs, fanart and actor thumbs select "Yes", when it asks overwrite old files select "No"

The only thing that it will export doing it this way is actor thumbs, all your other local files are seen as old files.

Only works if your local files are named exactly as xbmc exports them.

Thanks for the tip. Although it will take a long time with the size of my library, it certainly is less work. My only problem is i don't like the naming convention the export uses. I prefer the naming for each movie in it's own folder. I used to have it like that but then they introduced movie.nfo, fanart.jpg and movie.tbn, i switched to that as it was more efficient especially with Media Companion. I really don't want to go back AGAIN...

3 questions if i may :

If i am using movie.nfo and export, will it now have 2 nfos (movie.nfo and <moviename>.nfo) or will it overwrite movie.nfo?

Is it truly the <moviename>.nfo or <filename>.nfo? Because my movies are named like so :

Code:
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.idx
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.mkv
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.sub
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\extrafanart
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\extrathumbs
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\fanart.jpg
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\folder.jpg
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\movie.nfo
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\movie.tbn
O:\Movies 12\2 Days In New York (2012)\poster.jpg

Does the .nfo have to be "2 Day In New York.nfo", "2 Day In New York (2012).nfo", or "2 Days In New York (2012)-1080p-BluRay-DTS.nfo"?

BTW: I dunno if you saw my PM but you should switch from the Alaska Group as the display group in your profile so we can add to your reputation. You are very helpful.

-Pr.

In your case there's no way for you to export actor thumbs without also creating another nfo and artwork which would be named

<filename>.nfo
<filename>-poster.jpg
<filename>-fanart.jpg

You original artwork and nfo's would remain though so you could easily delete the exported ones in bulk.

Yeah I got your PM but forgot all about it Blush
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
(2013-02-02, 01:50)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 20:18)exiledone1 Wrote: Hi Dan,

I was wondering if I could ask you something or anyone here that may know. To make things more clean I went and deleted all my old images files since I recently updated to Frodo as I wanted a fresh start using your Ember with the new Frodo preset. Well the only thing I never deleted from my movie folders were the NFO files. Well I eventually got this done and got everything updated.

I went and deleted all my sources in XBMC, cleaned the library and went to re add all my sources and when I add the movies it scans my library just find, but it's not adding any of the fanart or covers I chose when doing Ember. All the images and fanart are correct for the movie when scanned into XBMC, but they are not the ones I chose in Ember. Now if I select a single movie, click movie information and click refresh and load local information it switches to the correct one.

Do I need to delete all my old NFO files and start from scratch or something. I've tried a few different times. I tried one of the options mentioned here in a previous post and that didn't work either. When I set the content I'm choosing the IMDB option and scan movies in folder option, but when it scans it's choosing it's own cover and fanart for the movie which are correct, but not the ones I chose in Ember?

Any thoughts...

Also I was wondering if the Scrape media button for tv shows doesn't work or something as it's grayed out and doesn't let me click on anything. Thanks

Josh

You need to run Artwork Downloader from within XBMC. Go into the add-on settings for it and choose "use local files" if you want it to pull images you've already downloaded.

Hi,

Well I tried that and still no success. When I go into Set Content and choose IMDB and choose the each folder has only one movie option with the Local Files option in Artwork Downloader it's still not scanning my Ember chosen covers and fanart.

Here is what I'm doing set by step:

1: I added the Artwork Downloader Add On and turned off the downloading for movies and tv shows and enabled the Use Local Files Only
2. I went to Files, Add Source, Chose my folder with my movies, named it movies.
3. I than was taken to a set content screen. I chose the IMDB option, don/'t know if that is correct though.
4. I unmarked the Scan Recussive and clicked the first option instead.
5. I hit okay and it said I needed to refresh and I allowed it. It said it was cleaning database.
6. It started to scan all my movies. When it finished I checked my covers and fanart and none of them are the ones I chose in Ember.
7. If I go into movie information and hit refresh for a movie and tell it to ignore the internet and choose local it than will give me the correct cover and fanart.

I've never had any problems in the past with Eden and Ember. Any continued help or ideas would be great

Josh
If anyone wants to help Ember can be translated into more languages ​​you can register and help with Transifex.
(2013-02-03, 17:03)DanCooper Wrote: If anyone wants to help Ember can be translated into more languages ​​you can register and help with Transifex.
Ok, i'm in. But i only can support u with the german language Wink
Do u have any idea about my problem a few posts ago?
(2013-02-03, 17:03)DanCooper Wrote: If anyone wants to help Ember can be translated into more languages ​​you can register and help with Transifex.

If someone wants an additional language please tell me, I do not know if you can do it or if I should first create the language.
(2013-02-03, 02:21)exiledone1 Wrote: Hi,

Well I tried that and still no success. When I go into Set Content and choose IMDB and choose the each folder has only one movie option with the Local Files option in Artwork Downloader it's still not scanning my Ember chosen covers and fanart.

Here is what I'm doing set by step:

1: I added the Artwork Downloader Add On and turned off the downloading for movies and tv shows and enabled the Use Local Files Only
2. I went to Files, Add Source, Chose my folder with my movies, named it movies.
3. I than was taken to a set content screen. I chose the IMDB option, don/'t know if that is correct though.
4. I unmarked the Scan Recussive and clicked the first option instead.
5. I hit okay and it said I needed to refresh and I allowed it. It said it was cleaning database.
6. It started to scan all my movies. When it finished I checked my covers and fanart and none of them are the ones I chose in Ember.
7. If I go into movie information and hit refresh for a movie and tell it to ignore the internet and choose local it than will give me the correct cover and fanart.

I've never had any problems in the past with Eden and Ember. Any continued help or ideas would be great

Josh

Try setting your movies to use The Movie Database in XBMC and also set it to scan recursively. I've enabled downloading in Artwork Downloader for Movies and TV Shows, provided you've checked "Use Local Files" it won't overwrite what you have in your movie folders, plus it can download a lot of extra good stuff. I'd try it that way and see how it works.
It seems as if ember.purplepig.net is down. Is there an alternative method of downloading the latest release? Hard-drive crash robbed me of the last copy I had. I checked torrent sites, oth.net, and a few other resources I could think of to no avail. If someone has a copy, I'd appreciate the share!

I sure hope ember.purplepig.net being down doesn't indicate further development has been halted. This is such a great program!

Thanks!
(2013-02-03, 20:02)tvadakia Wrote: It seems as if ember.purplepig.net is down. Is there an alternative method of downloading the latest release? Hard-drive crash robbed me of the last copy I had. I checked torrent sites, oth.net, and a few other resources I could think of to no avail. If someone has a copy, I'd appreciate the share!

I sure hope ember.purplepig.net being down doesn't indicate further development has been halted. This is such a great program!

Thanks!

Check always my signature for the latest version of Ember.
(2013-02-03, 20:49)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 20:02)tvadakia Wrote: It seems as if ember.purplepig.net is down. Is there an alternative method of downloading the latest release? Hard-drive crash robbed me of the last copy I had. I checked torrent sites, oth.net, and a few other resources I could think of to no avail. If someone has a copy, I'd appreciate the share!

Thanks!

Check always my signature for the latest version of Ember.

Nope it doesn't mean development has been ended. I got an email this week from my hosting provider informing me the process that was running ember was taking up too much CPU. The good news is I have got an alternative home for the site, but haven't finished setting it up. I hope to get this accomplished this week.

In other news, I'm working on integrating some of the great fixes that have been contributed, as well as push forward with my new version that shall hopefully eliminate the issue with broken scrapers etc. Right now its still very alpha, doesn't scrape properly and has a lot of missing functionality but my current goal is to get something into the hands of you guys in hopes of testing it, giving me honest feedback and go from there.

Sorry I've been a bit out of the loop lately, my life has been one heck of a roller coaster, I've faced a lot of interesting life challenges and feel like things are slowly getting back on track. I'm hoping I can dedicate more time to ember (which I love) and love to continue the work I started when I picked development back up. Thanks for supporting me and for all those who have donated.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
Bodtick, Dan is doing a great job in keeping EMM alive. I can say for us all welcome back! We all were worried about you. I look forward to seeing what you are working on.

Until then what Dan is doing an awesome job fixing and the Frodo one click setup is awesome.
(2013-02-03, 23:45)Randall Lind Wrote: Bodtick, Dan is doing a great job in keeping EMM alive. I can say for us all welcome back! We all were worried about you. I look forward to seeing what you are working on.

Until then what Dan is doing an awesome job fixing and the Frodo one click setup is awesome.

Good to know, maybe then dan can keep things ticking over with the current release while I focus my efforts on the new release.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
(2013-02-03, 23:50)bodrick Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 23:45)Randall Lind Wrote: Bodtick, Dan is doing a great job in keeping EMM alive. I can say for us all welcome back! We all were worried about you. I look forward to seeing what you are working on.

Good to know, maybe then dan can keep things ticking over with the current release while I focus my efforts on the new release.

Great to see you back Big Grin

I can pull you all changes when I'm finished with the worst adjustments (I think the end of week).

I have uploaded to Transifex all language files. I hope many people help translate Ember to all (or many) languages. Dragen does a great job in the Norwegian language, Gabne in Portuguese and in Spanish Bsoriano (thanks to you!).

Bodrick, can you adjust the link in the first post? I publish the latest version always in my signature. I make a new post after this post. You could post a link to this post in the first post.
I dont know if this is an issue with my pc but when using sets manager on my windows pc there isnt a button to close the window (have just re-installed windows so could be a graphics card issue) - I just wanted to rule out the fact it isnt ember first.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Welcome back, bodrick. :-)
I have about 1600 movies in my library, all with their own fanart.jpg file in each folder.

What I want to do is download additional fanart and have that all be stored in a new single directory. I just want the new extra fanart, not the current fanart to be saved in this directory. How would I go about doing that with ember? or is there another way to do this?

thanks in advance
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26