Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-09

(2012-07-09, 17:33)micheel Wrote: When i want to pause or forward a movie , i get that box thing in the right corner. ( osd )
Is this gonna change or not ? i think it doesnt blend in with the skin.
Thanks for the hard work !

Hi micheel,

Can you be a little more specific? Post a screen shot so we can tell if it is part of the new design or an actual issue?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sidewalksuper - 2012-07-09

In music playback -> Info button on the remote acts as if it is a movie.
When pressing i it doesn't do that and works as expected, only if you navigate with the remote OSD it shows the wrong output.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - micheel - 2012-07-09

( sidewalksuper sorry for stealing your screenshot ^^ )

the box in the first screenshot where the red arrow is pointing to.
I dont know exactly how its called sorry.
I just think it doesnt blend that wel with the rest of the skin, i liked what you used in mq3.
Im just saying not trying to be rude Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sidewalksuper - 2012-07-09

No problem and that's the "remote"-style OSD mate.
There already more people that spoke their mind about it to Marcos, so we'll have to wait till the next alpha to see if there are any changes. Smile

@Marcos: Found another few errors

- In a few modes, low list, big list, panel, panel logo and wall, it says you can press up twice to start the trailer, but it doesn't work Smile It usually just scrolls through the list doing that.

- In list mode it says press left to start the trailer, but it doesn't work.

- In wall mode, you start out with size: normal, which is 3 lines of movies high. Then comes size: small, which is 4 lines of movies. Then size: big, which is 5 lines of movies. So the labels are mixed up a bit here.

- In multiplex mode with panel style plot and panel style poster the director's info and writer's info are missing.

- In big list mode when you press right twice the media labels don't disappear like in the image below

- In showart mode when you go to the settings -> media info, there's an empty label on top

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-09, 19:34)micheel Wrote: the box in the first screenshot where the red arrow is pointing to.
I dont know exactly how its called sorry.
I just think it doesnt blend that wel with the rest of the skin, i liked what you used in mq3.
Im just saying not trying to be rude Smile

Yeah as sidewalksuper says, others have mentioned they prefer the old bar style "on-screen remote" and I am also with you/them on this one. We will just have to see what Marcos comes up with but I very much doubt it will be in the next few releases, this is quite a big change.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - jefe - 2012-07-10

this looks awesome. when is the release date?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - onlineN - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-10, 06:26)jefe Wrote: this looks awesome. when is the release date?

+1

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - gillig5 - 2012-07-10

Hey Guys ,
Just saw the new skin and man I must say you guys have out done yourselves .
I can't wait to download it ! You guys rock as always

Best Rofl

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-09, 16:39)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 22:56)st graveyard Wrote: Hey guys,

I have some very basic questions.

I'm playing with the music section. I now have extra fanart folders in my music\artist\ folders. I know that the add on 'artist slideshow' can use this folder for displaying pictures when playing music, but can MQ4 use this folder for displaying background fanart in the music section? The reason I'm asking is that in the art config of the music section of MQ4 you can choose 'default fanart'. This loads the fanart.jpg of the artist folder, this is standard. But there is also the option 'exrta fanart'. I switched this one on, and 1 picture of the extra fanrt is now displayed in the background, but it is always the same picture. Is this normal? Is it possible to always have another picture of the extra fanart folder when looking up a band in the music section?

Also, what does the option 'show artist/album art' do? When switching this on, I'm redirected to CDART manager, but I don't understand why.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Anyone?

EDIT : Ok, I found out I need to also add the link to the music directory. Works great!

Hi im not exactly sure if i get it but do you still need to have the extrafanart folder in the music folder (where my music is located)? Or can i have it located wherever i want?

I dont want everything in my music folder since it gets cluttered.

Marcos, can u give me/us any info if you are gonna chance it so we can set our own path (like u did for us in MQ3)?

thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - cortez44 - 2012-07-10

this: LINK ??

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-10, 10:15)Ajedi Wrote:
(2012-07-09, 16:39)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 22:56)st graveyard Wrote: Hey guys,

I have some very basic questions.

I'm playing with the music section. I now have extra fanart folders in my music\artist\ folders. I know that the add on 'artist slideshow' can use this folder for displaying pictures when playing music, but can MQ4 use this folder for displaying background fanart in the music section? The reason I'm asking is that in the art config of the music section of MQ4 you can choose 'default fanart'. This loads the fanart.jpg of the artist folder, this is standard. But there is also the option 'exrta fanart'. I switched this one on, and 1 picture of the extra fanrt is now displayed in the background, but it is always the same picture. Is this normal? Is it possible to always have another picture of the extra fanart folder when looking up a band in the music section?

Also, what does the option 'show artist/album art' do? When switching this on, I'm redirected to CDART manager, but I don't understand why.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Anyone?

EDIT : Ok, I found out I need to also add the link to the music directory. Works great!

Hi im not exactly sure if i get it but do you still need to have the extrafanart folder in the music folder (where my music is located)? Or can i have it located wherever i want?

I dont want everything in my music folder since it gets cluttered.

Marcos, can u give me/us any info if you are gonna chance it so we can set our own path (like u did for us in MQ3)?

thanks!

Hey Ajedi,

I think I figured it out. I think you don't need to have the art in the music folder, you just need to create an 'art' folder with the same structure as the music folder. For example :

ART
BANDNAME --> this folder contains the folder.jpg and Fanart.jpg
ALBUMNAME --> this folder contains the CDART, Cover Art ...

I don't know for sure if it works with the standard folder.jpg and fanart.jpg, but I tested it with the extra fanart.

Now, if you want MQ4 to get the art from your artwork folder, you need to set the directory to your ART dir in the final option of the artwork menu in the music section ...

This is the way to go and it works. If you need more info, let me know and I will make some screenshots tonight (at work now).

One more thing, when playing music, the little slideshow pictures displayed is done with the add on 'artist slideshow'. This is standard set up that this artwork is downloaded from the net. However, you can also use this tool to download even more extra fanart for your off line collection. This is what I'm doing now ... I'm using CDART manager together with artist slideshow.

MQ4 rocks!!!! ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-10

A few comments given by people that used my HTPC with MQ4 as skin:

- Fonts on top of screen for newly added media is to small, hardly to read. (almost all text on top of screen, maybe white is a better color for these items, same as bottom menu)
- Compared with MQ3 navigation true skin is slow.
- Unclear on how to get to certain configuration items. Like re-scrape media , configure views etc

A few bugs i didn't mention like looping in settings etc, almost all of the users that tested it returned to menu items they actually didn't wanted , for example returning to main menu when they only wanted to change library view. To be specific, when entering top menu in library view to change certain items it was unclear for them how to exit this menu and when they succeeded they returned to main menu or they lost cursor and reboot XBMC was the only option.

Overall they rated MQ4 as a skin for advanced users which i think isn't a good thing.
If you want to see this skin being used among most of the XBMC users, user friendliness is the key.

(2012-07-07, 01:55)MarcosQui Wrote: Aeon MQ 4 Alpha 2 available in SugarSync - RELEASE DATE 07/06/2012

I tried to solve the majority of requests, some were only in next version, please be patient.

Changelog:

Added: Music Genre Background - Top Menu/Art.

Can anybody tell me what this is? I haven't found this in Alpha2 ...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-10

This option is only visible if you choose GENRE list or access the submenu GENRE.
Aeon MQ 4 Alpha 3 - current changelog:

Added: RCB - new changes in SVN version.
Fixed: RCB - View Multiplex, missing info panel.
Fixed: View Showart - missing info panel.
Fixed: View Large List - press right twice, media labels don't disappear.
Fixed: View Multiplex - missing director info and writer info.
Fixed: Trailer is not visible if use Full Screen mode.
Fixed: Can not set a background image for submenus.
Fixed: Click in button My Menu not go to list items.
Fixed: Small tweaks in the customization of furniture.
Fixed: Main Menu - up arrow loses focus on some menus.
Changed: Main Menu - Background Images/Loading mode, to make navigation smoother.
Changed: Weather Popup - Now the skin remembers the last mode used (4 days, 7 days and etc...).

Alpha will be released on next weekend.

(2012-07-10, 15:51)MarcosQui Wrote: This option is only visible if you choose GENRE list or access the submenu GENRE.
Aeon MQ 4 Alpha 3 - current changelog:

Added: RCB - new changes in SVN version.
Fixed: RCB - View Multiplex, missing info panel.
Fixed: View Showart - missing info panel.
Fixed: View Large List - press right twice, media labels don't disappear.
Fixed: View Multiplex - missing director info and writer info.
Fixed: Trailer is not visible if use Full Screen mode.
Fixed: Can not set a background image for submenus.
Fixed: Click in button My Menu not go to list items.
Fixed: Small tweaks in the customization of furniture.
Fixed: Main Menu - up arrow loses focus on some menus.
Changed: Main Menu - Background Images/Loading mode, to make navigation smoother.
Changed: Weather Popup - Now the skin remembers the last mode used (4 days, 7 days and etc...).

Alpha will be released on next weekend.

RCB support here we come!!!! I will be testing this thouroughly Marcos. I'm looking forward to this!