Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 09:17)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 08:41)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 12:40)mikkelnl Wrote: Great work, I was wondering if it is possible to show other widgets here? Can't seem to find such an option? Or disable the 'In Progress' widget?

Plus, is this possible? I would like a TV SERIES menu item, with on the top of the screen not the 'latest episodes' but the episodes from a smart-playlist I made (which contains only unwatched episodes)... Is that possible?
Anyone? Smile

Don't think these things are possible.

Removing the progress widget --> in main menu, press down twice, go to playback options, last one in the row 'hide in progress'.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 09:17)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 08:41)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 12:40)mikkelnl Wrote: Plus, is this possible? I would like a TV SERIES menu item, with on the top of the screen not the 'latest episodes' but the episodes from a smart-playlist I made (which contains only unwatched episodes)... Is that possible?
Anyone? Smile

Don't think these things are possible.

It is sort of possible, you can use the My Menu option, add the playlist to My Menu (not as a submenu Item), it then appears in the top menu. However at this point there is no way to assign a My Menu main item which takes you there directly, so you can only add top menu and submenu items to My Menu but this may be a solution for you.

EDIT: Sorry, I was not able to test this but I just remembered that it will just add the playlist to the top menu, it will NOT show the playlist items at the top.

I think your best option may be to contact the devs of the recent/in progress scripts and ask them it it may be possible to develop a similar script to which you could assign playlists. This would actually be pretty cool as you could then select what appears in them.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-16, 22:04)LARQ Wrote: ok. I created a smartlist, establishing the path to some tv series. But when i put this smarlist in the MAIN MENU, it doesnt get recognized.
* This only fails on tv series. Movies list are fine.
* im using eden and the last version of the randomandlastitem script
* These same smartlist works on other skin.
* When i create the list setting other options like genre, yeat,etc. I get different result but it still fails.
* Some users reported this before (me too)
* i tried on other pc in clean xbmc installI and aeon mq4 rc1 ... but nothing.

Yeah this was discussed and Marcos did comment that despite it working in other skins it does not in MQ Skins. Perhaps he may re-visit this issue further down the line when he has time.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TrailFoX - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 12:35)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 22:04)LARQ Wrote: ok. I created a smartlist, establishing the path to some tv series. But when i put this smarlist in the MAIN MENU, it doesnt get recognized.
* This only fails on tv series. Movies list are fine.
* im using eden and the last version of the randomandlastitem script
* These same smartlist works on other skin.
* When i create the list setting other options like genre, yeat,etc. I get different result but it still fails.
* Some users reported this before (me too)
* i tried on other pc in clean xbmc installI and aeon mq4 rc1 ... but nothing.

Yeah this was discussed and Marcos did comment that despite it working in other skins it does not in MQ Skins. Perhaps he may re-visit this issue further down the line when he has time.

same here

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-17

Some comment on what was stated before. Although MarcosQui staed MQ4 should be faster(lighter) then MQ3 i'm experiencing a mayor slowdown on my system (AD02 OpenELEC). I blame the enabled addons but it could be me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hiorik - 2012-08-18

Amazing release MarcosQui

Thanks!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-17, 23:48)schumi2004 Wrote: Some comment on what was stated before. Although MarcosQui staed MQ4 should be faster(lighter) then MQ3 i'm experiencing a mayor slowdown on my system (AD02 OpenELEC). I blame the enabled addons but it could be me.

From being involved from the inception, not many people have complained about any slowdown. Upon starting XBMC with MQ4 enabled it takes a little while for everyhting to be populated but then it is as smooth as butter.

I am not being funny but running AD02 OpenELEC for a full blown media center with XBMC and a fully featured skin such as this is probably not going to give you the best performance/experience.

It is late here, so I am sorry but comments like this infuriate me. How can you possibly expect fantastic performace running on a tiny piece fo hardware. Fair enough, compare it to other skins, they may run fine on your system, but feature wise there is nothing that comes close to MQ4.

Sorry to rant but I have not had any issues with it and post like this do not gain any gorund. What I would suggest is (if not done already) is to do a compeltely fresh XBMC install and see how you get on from there, perhps your guisettings.xml is just completely bloated. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wouterdt - 2012-08-18

Marcos, is it possible to fix this little problem?

(2012-08-06, 18:45)wouterdt Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 13:13)wouterdt Wrote:
(2012-07-28, 19:03)MarcosQui Wrote: wouterdt:

Screen please.

I'm sorry but XBMC won't make screenshot of this particular screen, when I have the screen in front of me and press the screenshot button there is no screenshot taken.

It's when you have a multi-ISO movie, folder structure like this for example:

Code:
D:\Movies\My Movie Folder\My Movie File DVD1.iso
                         \My Movie File DVD2.iso

When I start this movie from the movie library I get a pop-up to select which disk I want to play, that's the screen I'm talking about.

Since XBMC won't allow me to make a screenshot I made a photo (click it to get the full size), it's in the center of the screen saying "Part 2":

I think it's the 720p/DialogFileStacking.xml file...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-18, 02:52)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 23:48)schumi2004 Wrote: Some comment on what was stated before. Although MarcosQui staed MQ4 should be faster(lighter) then MQ3 i'm experiencing a mayor slowdown on my system (AD02 OpenELEC). I blame the enabled addons but it could be me.

From being involved from the inception, not many people have complained about any slowdown. Upon starting XBMC with MQ4 enabled it takes a little while for everyhting to be populated but then it is as smooth as butter.

I am not being funny but running AD02 OpenELEC for a full blown media center with XBMC and a fully featured skin such as this is probably not going to give you the best performance/experience.

It is late here, so I am sorry but comments like this infuriate me. How can you possibly expect fantastic performace running on a tiny piece fo hardware. Fair enough, compare it to other skins, they may run fine on your system, but feature wise there is nothing that comes close to MQ4.

Sorry to rant but I have not had any issues with it and post like this do not gain any gorund. What I would suggest is (if not done already) is to do a compeltely fresh XBMC install and see how you get on from there, perhps your guisettings.xml is just completely bloated. Big Grin
I'm sorry if my post hurt you in anyway it wasn't my intention.
I just wanted to see if i was the only one experiencing this. Maybe i should have picked other words to get the same result, lesson learned.

Your right about the AD02 maybe isn't the best choice but before RC1 it worked fine, like i said, i blame a addon for it but can't find out which one it is yet because i'm uninstalling and re-installing 1 addon at the time and test to see it's behaviour.

It was already a clean install so don't know if it is wise to re-install everything again but i can check guisettings.xml maybe in the process something went wrong there.

For the record, I love Aeon MQ4 it's the best skin out there and there isn't any other skin that could take that place.

Again my apologies for my previous post, it wasn't my intention to bash/hurt or whatever.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-08-18

@all, please when have erros or troubles, post info about your hardware, what version XBMC (eden or frodo) and build date, Operational System, help us to help or fix troubles more easily,

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - 0mikeyj0 - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-17, 01:13)0mikeyj0 Wrote: @Wanilton

I'm not seeing the option you're describing but I DO see a blank menu entry at the top. Should it be there?

No sure about the clock position/highlighting issue. It doesn't trouble me, I just thought it didn't look right.

Thx!

Nothing would solve this problem for me...even uninstalling and reinstalling the skin. I finally had to reset the skin and restart XBMC. This fixed it. I hate doing that because setting the skin up again SUCKS! IS there a way to backup ONLY the configuration of the skin (Views, Furniture Placement, Enabled/Disabled submenus, etc) and then reapply it after a Reset?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Zild8 - 2012-08-19

HI
Again excellent skin
I Dont know if anybody mentionned this error
I have shootcast channel to main menu,and when i play that channel and stop it and then i go to music librairy on main menu ,it start playing the shootcast channel.I have the restart xbmc and then my music librairy work again.

windows 7 pro 64 bits
intel ie 2100
integrated video card
shuttle sh67h3
xbmc frodo june cycle
mq4 rc1

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SomeoneCares - 2012-08-19

@Zild8 or select something from Music submenu, next time try to select artists or albums from music submenu, highlight music and press down arrow

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - AndersT - 2012-08-19

Isnt there any link to download it or have i just missed it? Using MQ3 but would like to try the new one Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-08-19

When hitting backspace to get out of a TV Show season, I sometimes see this weird "blank" screen with the TV Show background, some of the clearart at the bottom, but nothing else.

I typically press Escape to get out of it.

Very strange bug.

Windows 7 64bit, RC1, Eden