Kodi Community Forum
Release [BETA] metroTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Release [BETA] metroTV (/showthread.php?tid=138997)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - wolverine30008 - 2014-05-07

New to the forum long time user of XBMC.Love this skin great work ZexisStryfe this skin is my absolute favorite so far being so customizable.
Just two concerns i have are the logo view in TV shows is not showing any logos or clearart(I know about the switch in the personalize settings)its just blank with black checkmarks in a white circle below each show as you scrolll which Im assumimg is a watched status indicator but i dont know.How can i fix this or is the feature for that view available but not yet active in the skinHuhSecond is the "in cinemas" option for Home panel setting or for movies hub just has an image of a movie scene time code clapper any time the option is turned on either on the home screen or the Hub within movies or again is the option just available but not yet active within the skinHuh
I have looked through the forum at least a dozen times but there is no mention of it anywhere.Again thanks for all your hard worrk any help or advice would be appreciated.

P.S i have both versions your first page zip and from the github as well as all scripts and traktv addon but maybe im missing something.please list all addons dependencies and scripts to be sure.thanks again

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - canadave - 2014-05-07

Hey ZexisStryfe, just tried out this skin, and it's really great. Fantastic job!

You asked for us to submit bugs, so, here's one I just noticed (I'm using an ATV2 btw). If I go to the "personalize" part of the settings, and try to select anything, nothing seems to happen, nor indicate what the setting currently is set to. For instance, I go to "Visuals", then under "visualizations", I see "Disable Background Visualizer" and "Disable Background Video". If I select either of those, absolutely nothing seems to happen on the screen (you wouldn't even know I clicked on anything). It's like that for the following sections of the skin settings: "Visuals", "Hubs", "Views", and "Credits". I can't change anything nor do anything on those sections. The rest of the settings work normally.

Now that the bug's been reported, I have a couple of questions Smile

1. How can I set up the home screen to just have "movies", "tv shows", and "addons"?

2. When I click "movies", I'd like it to go directly to my movie collection, rather than first going to a secondary list. Is there any way to set that up?

3. In the Personalization area of the skin settings, there's ways to set up the sub-panels. Many of them have the first panel already set, and can't be changed. It'd be nice to be able to change those. For instance, I'd like "Video Add-ons" to be on the first panel of "Add Ons", but I can't change it--I had to put Video Addons on the 2nd sub-panel.

Anyways, I know it's in beta, but it's got LOTS of potential here, and is fantastic as is. Great work!

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - kb0n - 2014-05-08

@canadave
That's the same issue I had. You can read about it a few posts back.
Easy solution: Download the zip file, extract and copy its "/media/Textures.xbt" to your skin Folder.
Then the switches will appear and you can see how and what you can change

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - ZexisStryfe - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-07, 22:45)wolverine30008 Wrote: New to the forum long time user of XBMC.Love this skin great work ZexisStryfe this skin is my absolute favorite so far being so customizable.
Just two concerns i have are the logo view in TV shows is not showing any logos or clearart(I know about the switch in the personalize settings)its just blank with black checkmarks in a white circle below each show as you scrolll which Im assumimg is a watched status indicator but i dont know.How can i fix this or is the feature for that view available but not yet active in the skinHuhSecond is the "in cinemas" option for Home panel setting or for movies hub just has an image of a movie scene time code clapper any time the option is turned on either on the home screen or the Hub within movies or again is the option just available but not yet active within the skinHuh
I have looked through the forum at least a dozen times but there is no mention of it anywhere.Again thanks for all your hard worrk any help or advice would be appreciated.

P.S i have both versions your first page zip and from the github as well as all scripts and traktv addon but maybe im missing something.please list all addons dependencies and scripts to be sure.thanks again

Thanks Wolverine! Regarding your questions-

1.) For logo view- do you have the logo's downloaded, named logo.png and in the tvshow folders?

2.) The InCinemas panel (and hub option) requires the extendedinfo script. When either of these windows opens up, do you get an error message about extendedinfo?

(2014-05-07, 23:47)canadave Wrote: Hey ZexisStryfe, just tried out this skin, and it's really great. Fantastic job!

You asked for us to submit bugs, so, here's one I just noticed (I'm using an ATV2 btw). If I go to the "personalize" part of the settings, and try to select anything, nothing seems to happen, nor indicate what the setting currently is set to. For instance, I go to "Visuals", then under "visualizations", I see "Disable Background Visualizer" and "Disable Background Video". If I select either of those, absolutely nothing seems to happen on the screen (you wouldn't even know I clicked on anything). It's like that for the following sections of the skin settings: "Visuals", "Hubs", "Views", and "Credits". I can't change anything nor do anything on those sections. The rest of the settings work normally.

Now that the bug's been reported, I have a couple of questions Smile

1. How can I set up the home screen to just have "movies", "tv shows", and "addons"?

2. When I click "movies", I'd like it to go directly to my movie collection, rather than first going to a secondary list. Is there any way to set that up?

3. In the Personalization area of the skin settings, there's ways to set up the sub-panels. Many of them have the first panel already set, and can't be changed. It'd be nice to be able to change those. For instance, I'd like "Video Add-ons" to be on the first panel of "Add Ons", but I can't change it--I had to put Video Addons on the 2nd sub-panel.

Anyways, I know it's in beta, but it's got LOTS of potential here, and is fantastic as is. Great work!

Hey canadave! Thanks for the bug report. As kbon mentioned, there seems to be something going on with the github pull to zip file. I am investigating. In the meantime if you follow kb0n's suggestion if will fix your issue. now on to your questions-

1.) Absolutely. Once you get the switches you appear you will notice you can turn each of the home screen categories off in the personalize -> home screen menu.

2.) This was a feature requested by the community. That said, click on the category title "movies" may bring you to the hub screen, but the "all movies" tile takes you right into your library.

3.) Eventually I will get there. The reason many of them are locked down is simply a formatting issue, but I will work on getting that unlocked for you before v1.0 is released.

As always guys, keep the bugs and requests coming!

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - wolverine30008 - 2014-05-08

Thanks Wolverine! Regarding your questions-

1.) For logo view- do you have the logo's downloaded, named logo.png and in the tvshow folders?

2.) The InCinemas panel (and hub option) requires the extendedinfo script. When either of these windows opens up, do you get an error message about extendedinfo?

1.No I guess i never did but the logos show on other skins so i just assumed it was included with the artwork downloader program add on-meaning if I switch to say *aeon nox* with the same TV Show folder as a source the logos are present on certain views but all the while the logo fanart folder or files for any of my shows are not found so Im really not quite sure what you mean-do I have to download each logo individually from the fanart website because everytime I run the artwork downloader on the status indicator as its working shows logo for almost every item in my video library.These logo.png(s) should be in either my extrafanart or extrathumb folder if not where??How can i correct this-Im on a mission now lol thanks

2.Yes i have the extended info script and have never had an error or script failed message-i dont know if this helps Im using gotham not frodo.
Besides those options are darkened out in the settings if the extended info script is not available(I found that out after hours and hours of trial and error with other skins and views)Extendedinfo is a staple in my XBMC files

Thanks for your quick response.Hope my input helps.let me know

(2014-05-08, 06:24)wolverine30008 Wrote: 1.No I guess i never did but the logos show on other skins so i just assumed it was included with the artwork downloader program add on-meaning if I switch to say *aeon nox* with the same TV Show folder as a source the logos are present on certain views but all the while the logo fanart folder or files for any of my shows are not found so Im really not quite sure what you mean-do I have to download each logo individually from the fanart website because everytime I run the artwork downloader on the status indicator as its working shows logo for almost every item in my video library.These logo.png(s) should be in either my extrafanart or extrathumb folder if not where??How can i correct this-Im on a mission now lol thanks

2.Yes i have the extended info script and have never had an error or script failed message-i dont know if this helps Im using gotham not frodo.
Besides those options are darkened out in the settings if the extended info script is not available(I found that out after hours and hours of trial and error with other skins and views)Extendedinfo is a staple in my XBMC files

Thanks for your quick response.Hope my input helps.let me kno

Okay, I don't support Artwork Downloader images yet. That will be included in beta 5.1 though (out within a month).

Did you recently upgrade to Gotham? The old version of extended info (0.3) doesn't work with Gotham. You need to make some manual edits of the .py files in order to for it to work. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the quick response.What artwork program add on do u support??Im sorry i wasnt aware that there is more than the standard "artwork downloader"
Looking forward to an update though-so your saying latest would be june??

Yes I was hesitant to upgrade to Gotham but here I am.The extended info script i use is straight from that scripts forum link (0.2) so I should be ok with this version right??As far as manual edits of my .py files,forgive me Im just not that aware meaning I know where the files you talk about are just not how I should go about editing them-could u give me a quick guide or step by step-thanks

As far as the "in cinemas" issue goes-I would post screenshots but honestly I cant figure out how haha.Looked in the help section but no luck.Could you instruct me on how it would [/php]get my views across.I was really just a fan of XBMC but now I want to be more involved in the community and forums.

Thanks again

(2014-05-08, 16:57)wolverine30008 Wrote: Thanks for the quick response.What artwork program add on do u support??Im sorry i wasnt aware that there is more than the standard "artwork downloader"
Looking forward to an update though-so your saying latest would be june??

Yes I was hesitant to upgrade to Gotham but here I am.The extended info script i use is straight from that scripts forum link (0.2) so I should be ok with this version right??As far as manual edits of my .py files,forgive me Im just not that aware meaning I know where the files you talk about are just not how I should go about editing them-could u give me a quick guide or step by step-thanks

As far as the "in cinemas" issue goes-I would post screenshots but honestly I cant figure out how haha.Looked in the help section but no luck.Could you instruct me on how it would [/php]get my views across.I was really just a fan of XBMC but now I want to be more involved in the community and forums.

Thanks again

I will have support by end of May I would say.

Regarding Gotham support, here is what you need to do- Extended Info script mod

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - ehabalbizri - 2014-05-08

I like this skin the most, the only problem I have is that thumbnails don't show. I only have the fanarts of the movie
is there a fix for this?

Im guessing all those changes have been updated because when i searched for lines mentioned in that post link u submitted they were already implemented on the corresponding lines.Im sure now i have the extendedinfo script I need for the "in cinemas" option to be active with gotham but its still not working.I forgot to mention "trending" for both movies and tv shows has always worked so my question is-does both the trending and in cinemas option use the traktTV add on and extendedinfo script??If so why would trending work but not in cinemas option.I have also reinstalled both traktTV and extendedinfo script from scratch using the most recent post from an aeon nox 5 thread with the lines from that post link and still only "trending" works.

Can u please give me an updated list of all the components i need to have the full capabilities working on this skin- scripts,dependencies and add-ons.It would really put my mind at ease.Thanks again

Okay, let me poke around a bit and see what I can find.

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - canadave - 2014-05-09

(2014-05-08, 00:23)kb0n Wrote: @canadave
That's the same issue I had. You can read about it a few posts back.
Easy solution: Download the zip file, extract and copy its "/media/Textures.xbt" to your skin Folder.
Then the switches will appear and you can see how and what you can change

Thanks....I just checked the zip file, though, and I don't see a Textures.xbt file in the /media folder...? Nor do I see it when I go to the github page online.

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - kb0n - 2014-05-09

(2014-05-09, 02:44)canadave Wrote: Thanks....I just checked the zip file, though, and I don't see a Textures.xbt file in the /media folder...? Nor do I see it when I go to the github page online.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough: I'm talking about the zip-file from the first post, not from github (which is the same as the master branch that you can search through online, which is why you don't see a difference). The zip from the first post only has Textures.xbt in the /media folder Smile

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - canadave - 2014-05-11

ahh, I see. Thanks for the clarification Smile

RE: [BETA Release] metroTV - wolverine30008 - 2014-05-11

ZexisStryfe

Finally solved the "in cinemas" missing issue.Just a simple reinstall of XBMC and I also used the extended info script from the xb1 skin and reinstalled your skin for fix.I really need to get out more often because it really made my day lol One thing Im still curious about though is the music and music videos "most popular" panel and hub section-what add on or script does that use to function because again that option does nothing.Let me know thanks again for your help.looking forward to the next and future updates