Kodi Community Forum
Support Thread for libstagefright - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Support Thread for libstagefright (/showthread.php?tid=168268)

RE: libstagefright - FreeFrag - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-14, 14:30)Koying Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 14:29)mo123 Wrote: Any change for a new Gotham Alpha3 hw build?
Will do this week.

Is it available to download?

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - peras - 2013-05-22

No, we are waiting for new version.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Koying - 2013-05-22

Yeah, sorry guys. The build system changed to Jenkins, so I cannot build an alpha3 anymore.
Furthermore, I have issues with master.

I will build a new version from master as soon as I get it working again Wink

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - menno - 2013-05-22

Hi Koying could you maybe comment on the open rockchip libstagefright library? Are you able to work with it? If you are working on it could we track your progress somewhere? Lot's of people, I am sure share my curiosity Smile

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Nitroburner77 - 2013-05-23

Thank you for your continued support Koying, that's all I can say. This project seems more difficult after understanding more how different android hardware/software implementations can be so I'm just grateful.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - deurklinkje - 2013-05-23

Koying thnx looking forward to your new version

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - JoeSzymkowicz - 2013-05-23

Koying, will a corrected keymap be implemented in your next build (ie fixed backspace, shift keys, etc)?

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - tennisbgc - 2013-05-24

Using this build on the ouya works really well except for the long delay when skipping forward during playback.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - skywalker993 - 2013-05-24

Is there a noted problem with Export/Import Library on this build? I export the library from my PC and USB it to the OUYA, but when I select Import Video Library there's no XML file; only the art folders show up.

It'd also be nice to live-sync the library via LAN between PC and OUYA, but I don't know if that's possible (can't find anything online instructions, and I'm noob enough to need instructions for just about everything...).

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - sdsnyr94 - 2013-05-24

(2013-05-24, 15:44)skywalker993 Wrote: Is there a noted problem with Export/Import Library on this build? I export the library from my PC and USB it to the OUYA, but when I select Import Video Library there's no XML file; only the art folders show up.

It'd also be nice to live-sync the library via LAN between PC and OUYA, but I don't know if that's possible (can't find anything online instructions, and I'm noob enough to need instructions for just about everything...).

You want to go with a shared mySQL library. I have my library shared between my Nexus 7, HTPC, and a Windows 7 PC. Any changes I make (Watched status, library updates, etc..) are seen by all the devices.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_MySQL

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - skywalker993 - 2013-05-25

I've got it up and running. Super smooth playback and audio sync, even 1080p across WiFi. Pretty nice, but seeking lags or even breaks XBMC requiring a reboot of the console, so don't try to skip the "Previously on Game of Thrones!"

Only D-pad, O, and A are mapped. I'd love to see Y as info, U as home or "add to queue," L/R as seeking, and switch D-pad to volume and audio sync.

Lastly, audio output is always HDMI and always 100% volume. Changing the output or volume in the playback interface does nothing.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - skywalker993 - 2013-05-25

(2013-05-24, 19:05)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 15:44)skywalker993 Wrote: Is there a noted problem with Export/Import Library on this build? I export the library from my PC and USB it to the OUYA, but when I select Import Video Library there's no XML file; only the art folders show up.

You want to go with a shared mySQL library. I have my library shared between my Nexus 7, HTPC, and a Windows 7 PC. Any changes I make (Watched status, library updates, etc..) are seen by all the devices.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_MySQL

Working on it... took forever figuring out which file managers retain their Copy/Paste functionality on OUYA. And it took three times as long to sync as it did to rescrape the entire library, which doesn't make sense to me. BUT IT'S WORKING.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - exchequer - 2013-05-25

Trying this build on my nexus 7 because the official Frodo 12.2 "lags".

Issue: I cannot add my nas (win7 machine). For some reason my regular computer has reset to "workgroup" whereas my nas is on the correct workgroup. However each time I try to browse the correct workgroup XBMC popups: "connection timed out". Since I could browse the accidentally setup "workgroup" I was able to copy a video file from my nas to that machine. Therefore I could play it.

Playback: Seems great. I can play a 720p episode over WiFi (one that lagged on the official 12.2).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/nexus7xbmc1080p.png/

edit: I put my pc back in the correct workgroup. Now the SMB network browse function of XBMC shows nothing. However I was still able to acces the path I previously stored (smb://CM690/folder) therefore I tried to change it to my nas (smb://Bugatti/series) and that worked.

With this build XBMC feels smoother on my Nexys 7 than my e-350 pc Smile.

Suggestion:
-fix smb discovery
-disable xbmc keypad and use android keypad (it is so small on 7 inch!).

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - dudu2683 - 2013-05-25

Hi
I have a uhost2 mini pc i tryed to install the xbmc apk from here but i have a problems

I tryed to run a mkv movie fron navix flagin but it run with 'legs'...
How can i solve this problem

Thanks

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - tennisbgc - 2013-05-25

(2013-05-25, 07:31)skywalker993 Wrote: I've got it up and running. Super smooth playback and audio sync, even 1080p across WiFi. Pretty nice, but seeking lags or even breaks XBMC requiring a reboot of the console, so don't try to skip the "Previously on Game of Thrones!"

Only D-pad, O, and A are mapped. I'd love to see Y as info, U as home or "add to queue," L/R as seeking, and switch D-pad to volume and audio sync.

Lastly, audio output is always HDMI and always 100% volume. Changing the output or volume in the playback interface does nothing.
same here, skipping forward is slow especially with 1080p not sure if its because my stuff is connected through smb. The controller definitely needs more abilities, also the power button works as the context menu.