Kodi Community Forum
Req Titan skin feature requests - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Req Titan skin feature requests (/showthread.php?tid=205482)

Titan skin feature requests - mgonzales - 2014-12-17

(2014-12-17, 10:43)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 06:26)mgonzales Wrote: Nice I like the percentage display for shortcut rebuilds - should really help folks on a slower system know if it's doing anything.

Couple items I saw in latest beta:

1) don't actually know what this is impacting (yet) but noticed it in the logs

2) on a whim I decided to try to create a custom widget with TV - next aired as the content and it didn't work. Now I'm not sure it even should of if it is needed since you can already add a widget with latest episodes etc - just random testing of what I can do with custom widgets so don't stress on it.

Mario
Hi Mario,

Thanks for testing. Yeah felt like adding the percentage was a good thing to do so users have a clue what is going on.

about your questions:

1) this is a small issue in the skinshortcuts script that has been fixed but not yet pushed to the repo. Now that unfledged has left us the script will be maintained in his absence by others and there will be a fix for that. For now it's safe to ignore.

2) Not all addons support the dynamic content feature. I will enhance the feature one day to only display addons that support the feature. If you realy find it helpfull I can create a skinwidget for the nextaired, that's no big deal.

I don't think a widget is high priority but if ok want pad the bottom of the todo list I won't complain. :-)

Actually with regard to the TV next aired overlay it would be nice to add support for:

Clear logos
Clear art

If they are available in addition to what is displayed or option to replace what is used in the guide

I don't know what lee-way you have with the script so it may not be possible.

I do like your clean look as you have it now

But since often clear logo and clear art is not available for all shows the placement and use of them should allows for a fallback to what you do have available.

If not possible to utilize fallbacks I would scrap adding the the option to replace / alter art used in the gride/guide since you would almost never have a clean look anyway

maybe instead have what is available placed in a logical common location (like bottom center of screen, etc) yet not detract, leave a hole, etc if they are not available.

Something additive and clean yet not cluttered

You seem to have a good eye for layouts so hopefully you can envision my ramblings :-) hehe

Titan skin feature requests - mgonzales - 2014-12-18

Found one... possibly two cosmetic issues:

numerical keypad

rss editor dialogs (may not be skin issue but an add-on issue)

Found a couple more...

Not sure what next aired has against Tuesdays hehehe....

Titan skin feature requests - mgonzales - 2014-12-18

Question:

How much trouble would it be to allow the user to specify a custom path to conditional weather artwork?

I love that your skin includes a modest yet high quality default conditional weather artwork pack considering most skins do nothing, way too little or way too much :-)

I have a curated collection of my own weather artwork and miss it :-)

Don't do it if it a lot of work - just was curious about it.

Thanks,

Mario

RE: Titan skin feature requests - User 224999 - 2014-12-18

(2014-12-18, 09:27)mgonzales Wrote: Question:
How much trouble would it be to allow the user to specify a custom path to conditional weather artwork?
I love that your skin includes a modest yet high quality default conditional weather artwork pack considering most skins do nothing, way too little or way too much :-)
I have a curated collection of my own weather artwork and miss it :-)
Don't do it if it a lot of work - just was curious about it.

Thanks,

Mario

That would be a very small change, so I'll include it for you in the skinsettings.
Yes I do indeed provide a basic set of weather fanart in the skin, not too much because I have to keep an eye on the skin size.
Users who want special/better weather fanart can use the option in skinsettings to provide it.

EDIT: fixed allready (it was indeed a small change). Will provide another beta soon

Titan skin feature requests - mgonzales - 2014-12-22

Thanks Marcel - you're (and the skin are) the best! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

RE: Titan skin feature requests - logan_x50 - 2014-12-22

Hi Marcel, could you add an option to have a customised background for the media view please? Issue i have is the kids want a certain home screen section image which is then used in the e.g. Big Panel Details View, however, the white text doesn't show very well against the background. The current option to select fanart background has the same issue depending on what fanart is being shown.

RE: Titan skin feature requests - User 224999 - 2014-12-22

(2014-12-22, 11:25)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcel, could you add an option to have a customised background for the media view please? Issue i have is the kids want a certain home screen section image which is then used in the e.g. Big Panel Details View, however, the white text doesn't show very well against the background. The current option to select fanart background has the same issue depending on what fanart is being shown.

As I understand correctly you have a specific image assigned to the movies button. That same image is then used in the movielibrary.
Did you disable fanart backgrounds ? because normally you'd see the fanart image of the selected movie/tvshow.

Also it is recommended to select an overlay in the skinsettings-->background.

I'm not really sure if I understand your question correctly.... basically you're saying that you want to disable fanart in videolibrary and assign a different image for the movielibrary and the button for that on homescreen ?

RE: Titan skin feature requests - Tennyten - 2014-12-22

(2014-12-14, 18:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-14, 00:44)Tennyten Wrote: I've been looking around for alternate views for Movies and Music to optimize fanart but also give cover art and list view a clean look. Came across this brushed aluminum theme for Aeon Nox and music from Rapier. Not sure what the last image is from. Would something like this work?

Movie - http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img69/5021/screenshot002cr.png
TV - http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img202/8108/screenshot003cw.png
Music - http://xbmc-skins.com/sites/default/files/Rapier14.png
http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/bucketwood/media/musiclikethis.jpg.html

For music, Iove the panel square view for albums but once in the cd all views cover up the fanart. Maybe hiding panel background in list view and making it more transparent would give it a clean look. Otherwise this skin is exceeding expectations.

Thanks for the suggestions! I have some ideas for extra views but as views are pretty work intensive to create it can take me a few weeks to add them.
I like the three-panel view and I have some thoughts to give them a "titan feel" :-)

The OSD's in the pictures are nice but don't really fit in the clean and simple design I choose for my skin but maybe if I have some time in the next period I'll start working on some polishing of the OSD and views while retaining the clean/simplistic overall feel of the skin as it is intended.

I'll let you know when I have some ideas to share/test, thanks for the feedback.

Found this Movie/TV view from Persona that I think is better. It also rotates the fanart of the movie in the background when hovering. Looks pretty impressive when I went back to gotham to load it.

http://imgur.com/a/YoWmc/embed#8 - for extra views

Tried to add it into Titan manually but it seems like more has to be integrated than just MyVideoNav and includes.xml

Titan skin feature requests - mgonzales - 2014-12-22

Marcel,

With the helix release and latest of your skin we are now greeted with a Kodi logo underneath the weather - thanks team Kodi as if we weren't sure which app we were running - LOL

Anyway - do you have a way to remove it? seems to not get displayed when widgets are in play but no so lucky with just the weather :-)

Thanks - no rush just FYI in case you hadn't yet noticed (I'm using 1 row view for main menu ATM)

RE: Titan skin feature requests - User 224999 - 2014-12-22

(2014-12-22, 19:45)mgonzales Wrote: Marcel,

With the helix release and latest of your skin we are now greeted with a Kodi logo underneath the weather - thanks team Kodi as if we weren't sure which app we were running - LOL

Anyway - do you have a way to remove it? seems to not get displayed when widgets are in play but no so lucky with just the weather :-)

Thanks - no rush just FYI in case you hadn't yet noticed (I'm using 1 row view for main menu ATM)

This is a small bug, the logo should be hidden when the weather or profile icon is shown. The logo was added to confirm with the Kodi standards to show the logo in the product.
I'll fix it later today and provide a update today or early tomorrow.

(2014-12-22, 19:10)Tennyten Wrote: Found this Movie/TV view from Persona that I think is better. It also rotates the fanart of the movie in the background when hovering. Looks pretty impressive when I went back to gotham to load it.

Tried to add it into Titan manually but it seems like more has to be integrated than just MyVideoNav and includes.xml

Now that the stable repo has been updated I will pickup some new features and add some more views.
I think later this week I'll have some of my ideas ready to test in the beta, I will also look at the list view from Persona.

RE: Titan skin feature requests - tripkip - 2014-12-23

Request: setting to specify default active OSD menu button
I'd like to get into the subtitle menu with two presses: 'M'/'Menu' and 'OK'/'Enter'.
Currently when you open the menu while playing a movie you the pause button is active and you have to go left or right to get to the subtitle button. I never get why skinners make this the default button because who does not have a play/pause/stop button on the keyboard or remote that he's using in the first place?

Small improvement: close the subtitle sub/menu on the OSD menu first when closing the menu.
Currently when you exit the menu the subtitle submenu will stay on the screen a little longer, which doesn't look good.

Titan skin feature requests - mgonzales - 2014-12-23

FYI:

Custom Weather FanArt appears to only be partially working.

tiles do not appear to be updating both in main menu and widget:

I have selected custom weatherfan art in the typical folder structure:

Kodi (14.0 Release 12232014) on Windows
skin.titan.helix-3.2.12

I've tried ReloadSkin() and restarting Kodi itself with no luck.

If it's a bug no rush just letting you know Smile

I do have a large / extensive custom weathe fan art collection if that might be a contributing factor.

Thanks!

Mario

RE: Titan skin feature requests - User 224999 - 2014-12-23

(2014-12-23, 19:44)mgonzales Wrote: FYI:

Custom Weather FanArt appears to only be partially working.

tiles do not appear to be updating both in main menu and widget:

I've tried ReloadSkin() and restarting Kodi itself with no luck.

If it's a bug no rush just letting you know Smile

I do have a large / extensive custom weathe fan art collection if that might be a contributing factor.

Thanks!

Mario

Hi Mario,

make shure you have a default.jpg file in the subfolders.
For an example see the the skin's own weather artwork --> skin folder in addons --> extras --. weather

Oh and just in case you noticed I am using weather underground as the weather provider - I also tested with yahoo - same issue.

If curious I'm using a modified version of Weather Underground service that allows you to provide your own personal dev API key (since the XBMC / Kodi General use key was expired)

Ah ha! you meant a "weather.jpg" in each subfolder - hmm I haven't seen that requirement before. I bet that is indeed the issue here.

I will just copy each of your own respective weather.jpg files to my current collection :-)

Thanks!

Mario

Ok it worked - but it appears that the actual main tile and widget tiles are not "dynamic" themselves but instead are fixed to whatever image .../##/weather.jpg is correct?