• 15(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
One can only ponder why the app devs for XBMC/Kodi made that choice for it as the "standard" location - always thought it was a bit odd myself 😕

Marcel,

While on the subject of subtitles - do you display a "sync" flag when passed by the sub services in the results?

Sample code I found in a skin:

Code:
<control type="image">
       <left>160</left>
       <top>13</top>
       <width>40</width>
       <height>12</height>
       <texture>Subtitles/icon_sync.png</texture>
       <visible>ListItem.property(sync)</visible>
      </control>

And sample image:

FYI - subscene sub service will flag sync on file name matches - so it nice when the results passed back are long and numerous to have that flag for quick selection.
(2014-12-15, 14:12)d0wnl0rd Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 13:54)mgonzales Wrote: It's under the audio settings icon during playback and that is the standard location:

It's called subtitle offset
[...]
It's been available for as long as I've used this skin - so no need to switch to another skin and you can now remain faithful Smile
Thanks a lot, I check that when I am home.

Completely unrelated: it would be more logical IMHO if this setting would be linked to the sub settings...

Well you're in luck as I fixed something in last night that you now have a submenu when on the subtitle button.
This allows for a shortcut to enable/disable subtitles, download, sync etc.

Please give it a try and let me know.

(2014-12-15, 15:27)mgonzales Wrote: While on the subject of subtitles - do you display a "sync" flag when passed by the sub services in the results?

Well, I was looking for a way to display the current selected subtitle in the OSD but that doesn't work.
Would be nice if you open the subtitle submenu that it displays the currently selected subtitle and if the current is in sync (your proposal).

So, for now no solution but maybe I'll add that flag in the meanwhile.
Could you please look if you can find/alter an image that looks like the other flags ?

See here the source for the current flags in the skin:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin...pectration
I was talking about the results of the search in the selection dialog.

I think you are taking about a display of what's already been selected and downloaded - I don't think that info is ever passed back for you to utilize for display

And in regards to the actual "sync" icon to display with the results It doesn't have to be that icon - I can draw one up for you if you like - maybe just an "S" on a transparent background that is about the size of the "star" placeholder you already have (by the way is that your sync icon placeholder?) if that is I don't think I've ever seen it "flag" true.

if you don't know it already subtitle services can pass ListItem.property(sync) as a boolean that you can act on in the display of the results in your dialogsubtitles.xml if a result is considered a "sync" or an almost "sure match"

It's late / early so if I am confused on answering your question let me know LOL Wink

Here is a sample results dialog with the sync flag in action;

(2014-12-15, 15:55)mgonzales Wrote: I was talking about the results of the search in the selection dialog.

I think you are taking about a display of what's already been selected and downloaded - I don't think that info is ever passed back for you to utilize for display

And in regards to the actual "sync" icon to display with the results It doesn't have to be that icon - I can draw one up for you if you like - maybe just an "S" on a transparent background that is about the size of the "star" placeholder you already have (by the way is that your sync icon placeholder?) if that is I don't think I've ever seen it "flag" true.

if you don't know it already subtitle services can pass ListItem.property(sync) as a boolean that you can act on in the display of the results in your dialogsubtitles.xml if a result is considered a "sync" or an almost "sure match"

It's late / early so if I am confused on answering your question let me know LOL Wink

Ah, now I get what you mean...
That star icon is to indicate the rating for the subtitles. Some subtitle providers provide a rating for the available subtitles.

If you have an idea for the sync icon and where to place it I'll integrate it
LOL - looks like you already have one:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin...n_sync.png

But if you want something different I can play around with some ideas for you to consider

And as far as where to place it - I think it's standard to do as the example image i posted in previous reply.

It's a start at least - hey it's beta right ;-)
I flattened the image you already had in your repo so it's more in line with your other graphics

Noticed on the new Next Aired screen that when the highlight color and text color match for the current day you can't read the text:

thanks again for such a quick responce, will have to check the new beta if it got what i had in mind, as i am currently not at home can't make the screen will get back to you tomorroe (maybe today depending on your timezone) checked the other ones and they too do not have the same as confluence,. the interesting part is that when you get the small menu where the disable/enable subs you get the button for next subs, where it actually gets the subs you do not et from opensubtitles from external sources.
(2014-12-15, 21:56)darkmeiun Wrote: thanks again for such a quick responce, will have to check the new beta if it got what i had in mind, as i am currently not at home can't make the screen will get back to you tomorroe (maybe today depending on your timezone) checked the other ones and they too do not have the same as confluence,. the interesting part is that when you get the small menu where the disable/enable subs you get the button for next subs, where it actually gets the subs you do not et from opensubtitles from external sources.

Yeah, I created a sub menu just like that one. I like it too myself as it saves you from going all the way to audio settings to toggle the subtitle.

(2014-12-15, 17:18)mgonzales Wrote: I flattened the image you already had in your repo so it's more in line with your other graphics

Thanks! Will look at it tomorrow. Will also look at the nextaired issue you mentioned, thanks for the catch
(2014-12-15, 15:30)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 14:12)d0wnl0rd Wrote: ...
Completely unrelated: it would be more logical IMHO if this setting would be linked to the sub settings...

Well you're in luck as I fixed something in last night that you now have a submenu when on the subtitle button.
This allows for a shortcut to enable/disable subtitles, download, sync etc.

Please give it a try and let me know.
Gave it a try, and it's much more conveniently arranged Blush
Just a remark about the subtitle time shift selector - try it it in touch mode and you will realize it's too damn small (btw true for other skins like confluence as well) - so if you have any intelligent idea how to improve that, that would be much appreciated.
Once again, thanks for a great job - Titan is really becoming better and better every day.
(2014-12-16, 00:16)d0wnl0rd Wrote: Gave it a try, and it's much more conveniently arranged Blush
Just a remark about the subtitle time shift selector - try it it in touch mode and you will realize it's too damn small (btw true for other skins like confluence as well) - so if you have any intelligent idea how to improve that, that would be much appreciated.
Once again, thanks for a great job - Titan is really becoming better and better every day.

Great to hear.
Yeah, I have to do some fixes for the OSD in touchmode, first I have to solve that touch doesn't seem to work at all on windows devices...
new beta available on the repo with all fixes fixes for issues discussed here, also several improvements and finishing touches
Nice I like the percentage display for shortcut rebuilds - should really help folks on a slower system know if it's doing anything.

Couple items I saw in latest beta:

1) don't actually know what this is impacting (yet) but noticed it in the logs

Code:
20:10:05 T:5516   ERROR: Skin includes must start with the <includes> tag
20:10:05 T:5516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in (System.HasLoginScreen
20:10:05 T:5516   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IntegerGreaterThan(System.ProfileCount,1))
20:10:06 T:5516 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1

2) on a whim I decided to try to create a custom widget with TV - next aired as the content and it didn't work. Now I'm not sure it even should of if it is needed since you can already add a widget with latest episodes etc - just random testing of what I can do with custom widgets so don't stress on it.

Error I saw when I tried it was:

Code:
20:10:11 T:5228   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired)

I'll let you know if I see any other issues with latest build.

Love your work as always Marcel.

Thanks!

Mario
FYI -

Sync flag for subtitles tested and working for opensubtitles and subscene services.

Thanks!

Mario

(2014-12-17, 06:26)mgonzales Wrote: Nice I like the percentage display for shortcut rebuilds - should really help folks on a slower system know if it's doing anything.

Couple items I saw in latest beta:

1) don't actually know what this is impacting (yet) but noticed it in the logs

2) on a whim I decided to try to create a custom widget with TV - next aired as the content and it didn't work. Now I'm not sure it even should of if it is needed since you can already add a widget with latest episodes etc - just random testing of what I can do with custom widgets so don't stress on it.

Mario
Hi Mario,

Thanks for testing. Yeah felt like adding the percentage was a good thing to do so users have a clue what is going on.

about your questions:

1) this is a small issue in the skinshortcuts script that has been fixed but not yet pushed to the repo. Now that unfledged has left us the script will be maintained in his absence by others and there will be a fix for that. For now it's safe to ignore.

2) Not all addons support the dynamic content feature. I will enhance the feature one day to only display addons that support the feature. If you realy find it helpfull I can create a skinwidget for the nextaired, that's no big deal.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4