Kodi Community Forum
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) (/showthread.php?tid=238393)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - GoodOmens - 2016-03-25

"Estuary skin updates - context menus in homescreen" - what does that mean? When I'm on - lets say the TV tab - and hit info on a newly added show nothing pops up. Diving into the "Shows" screen and hitting info displays extra info as expected. Same for the mark as watched etc. menu.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - Milhouse - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-25, 17:59)GoodOmens Wrote: "Estuary skin updates - context menus in homescreen" - what does that mean? When I'm on - lets say the TV tab - and hit info on a newly added show nothing pops up. Diving into the "Shows" screen and hitting info displays extra info as expected. Same for the mark as watched etc. menu.

"Info" is not "Context Menu".

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - DWood32006 - 2016-03-26

I have been beating my head against the wall the last few nights playing around tying to get Jarvis or Krypton builds either...
I have 2 machines both running great on OE 6.03
I have tried to update to 6.95 on both and I am unable to get any picture. Samba is running and I an SSH into them.
I am at a loss.
I tried using a couple millhouse builds as well 16 and 17 and getting the same thing. No video out.

CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz, 2 cores available using on boad Intel Graphics HDA Intel ALC887
RPi3

I then roll them back and have to do some resetting up.
I am unable to get either to work. I know there must be something.... Makes no sense that works fine and would have the same problem on 2 different platforms. I am just dropping .tar file in update and all goes caput.
I can post logs screen shots info whatever. Just help Please!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - Milhouse - 2016-03-26

Post logs screen shots info whatever.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - nexusle - 2016-03-26

@Milhouse

Could you please provide a new build to get the DVBLink PVR addon again?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - Milhouse - 2016-03-26

I'd rather wait until the problems with addons are resolved (see Raspberry Pi thread for details).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - Ipaddle - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-24, 01:09)Milhouse Wrote: Do you have it disabled in advancedsettings.xml? It should be shown by default. If not, upload a debug log.

I do not have made that file. Should not be disabled.
Here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/pxjjvr8hx

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - Milhouse - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-27, 01:04)Ipaddle Wrote: I do not have made that file. Should not be disabled.
Here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/pxjjvr8hx

The log shows Splash.png being loaded, but I've no idea why you're not seeing it.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - BUGGERLUGZ - 2016-03-27

Milhouse, any idea why your latest builds with the PVR plugins takes 5 minutes to load Kodi on my Pi3, where as the release without it boots almost instantly?

The Kodi splash screen comes up and then the second one, which sits there for 5 minutes before it begins doing its PVR thing.

Also whilst I can install the TV time addon, it just shows a blank screen with "videos" at the top for some reason.

Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - Milhouse - 2016-03-27

(2016-03-27, 15:45)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: Milhouse, any idea why your latest builds with the PVR plugins takes 5 minutes to load Kodi on my Pi3, where as the release without it boots almost instantly?

The Kodi splash screen comes up and then the second one, which sits there for 5 minutes before it begins doing its PVR thing.

Also whilst I can install the TV time addon, it just shows a blank screen with "videos" at the top for some reason.

Yes, read the RPi thread, I've no idea why you're asking here.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - pr0zac - 2016-03-28

Hey Milhouse,

I'm testing your latest generic build which fixed the double dpad issue I was having with my wireless Xbox 360 controller (many thanks!).
About the controller, whenever I turn it off to save batteries then on again after, let's say, a minute, the system takes about 10 seconds to understand that it's back on and sometimes it just doesn't work as intended.
On Windows/Jarvis, the response is almost instantaneous and the behavior flawless.
Any clue if this is fixable?

I've upgraded to your build straight from the stable OpenELEC version, and now I miss text almost everywhere and the interface is totally different. It's not a bug and certainly not a complaint, as I'm sure that installing your build from scratch, the interface would work normally. It's just a report of what happened to me as a newbie to the Linux environment.

Keep up the great work!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - fritsch - 2016-03-28

Nobody can help you without a Debug Log ...

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - pr0zac - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 14:40)fritsch Wrote: Nobody can help you without a Debug Log ...
You're absolutely right but I was hoping to be a more common, known issue.
I'll try providing the log later. Thanks!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - basco - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-26, 09:16)DWood32006 Wrote: I have been beating my head against the wall the last few nights playing around tying to get Jarvis or Krypton builds either...
I have 2 machines both running great on OE 6.03
I have tried to update to 6.95 on both and I am unable to get any picture. Samba is running and I an SSH into them.
I am at a loss.
I tried using a couple millhouse builds as well 16 and 17 and getting the same thing. No video out.

CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz, 2 cores available using on boad Intel Graphics HDA Intel ALC887
RPi3

I then roll them back and have to do some resetting up.
I am unable to get either to work. I know there must be something.... Makes no sense that works fine and would have the same problem on 2 different platforms. I am just dropping .tar file in update and all goes caput.
I can post logs screen shots info whatever. Just help Please!

do you use a custom xorg.conf? 50Hz live tv btw?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17) - gjwAudio - 2016-03-30

@fritsch

Thank you for your quick reply - and the solution Blush

With the system set this way, it's interesting to notice how much sync adjustment goes on (as evidenced by speed shift in picture).

I presume this is my little Celeron doing it's best at the software rendering job, and new, faster HW would reduce or eliminate the effect.

Thanks again.

(2016-03-20, 11:18)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 01:33)gjwAudio Wrote: This is most likely an @fritsch question:

One thing I've noticed since using these v17 builds, is the pitch of the audio track will occasionally wobble up and down during playback. I presume this is audio resampling, done in an attempt to keep sound in sync with picture.

As a personal preference, I find this pitch shift disconcerting, and would rather have the video playback speed vary, to maintain constant-pitch audio.

I have not found any settings that allow this choice to be made - is it possible to set the audio playback for constant-pitch (as determined by the source sample-rate) without forcing everything to be resampled to a single, fixed sample-rate ?

Thanks in advance for insight and tips Blush

Turn off "Sync Playback to Display" and retry.