• 72(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
Then bugs.freedesktop.org is the place to go for you. Give them everything you have :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just sharing my experience: I had some trouble updating to the latest builds, probably related to the videodb update. After the update Kodi hang in the splash screen. After a forced reboot it told me my video library was empty.The debug log complained about not being able to copy the db to the new version
I run mariadb on a nas as db, in phpmyadmin there was a 104 db, but apparenrtly not useable.

I ended up deleting the new database in phpmyadmin, and doing a database clean in kodi, after which the update went fine.
(2016-03-19, 20:27)tinzarian Wrote: Just sharing my experience: I had some trouble updating to the latest builds, probably related to the videodb update. After the update Kodi hang in the splash screen. After a forced reboot it told me my video library was empty.The debug log complained about not being able to copy the db to the new version
I run mariadb on a nas as db, in phpmyadmin there was a 104 db, but apparenrtly not useable.

I ended up deleting the new database in phpmyadmin, and doing a database clean in kodi, after which the update went fine.

Same here. After #0315 my library did not show anything anymore, even after reinstall of #0315 from scratch and complete new setup.
I also solved by dropping the existing VideoDB104 schema from MariaDB. (Thx @ tinzarian)
Does anybody know who to address concerning one wish:
I have seperate files for the 2D and 3D version of some movies. In Estuary list view the small nice SD/HD/3D icons disapeared.
So I have lots of "double" entries in library which I do not know which one is 3D anymore.
I think t would be helpful to add a written text "3D" after the movie name, this would also enable the possibility to search for 3D movies.
This is most likely an @fritsch question:

One thing I've noticed since using these v17 builds, is the pitch of the audio track will occasionally wobble up and down during playback. I presume this is audio resampling, done in an attempt to keep sound in sync with picture.

As a personal preference, I find this pitch shift disconcerting, and would rather have the video playback speed vary, to maintain constant-pitch audio.

I have not found any settings that allow this choice to be made - is it possible to set the audio playback for constant-pitch (as determined by the source sample-rate) without forcing everything to be resampled to a single, fixed sample-rate ?

Thanks in advance for insight and tips Blush
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2016-03-19, 20:27)tinzarian Wrote: Just sharing my experience: I had some trouble updating to the latest builds, probably related to the videodb update. After the update Kodi hang in the splash screen. After a forced reboot it told me my video library was empty.The debug log complained about not being able to copy the db to the new version

(2016-03-20, 00:10)thosti Wrote: Same here. After #0315 my library did not show anything anymore, even after reinstall of #0315 from scratch and complete new setup.
I also solved by dropping the existing VideoDB104 schema from MariaDB. (Thx @ tinzarian)

You should both have waited longer for the videodb migration to complete. I can understand the reaction when faced with a blank screen, and hopefully a "Please wait, database upgrade in progress" screen will be added in future (no idea when).

In the meantime, you'll have to make do with me mentioning that there's a new schema in the release notes, and to assume there'll be a first-run startup delay...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-20, 00:19)thosti Wrote: Does anybody know who to address concerning one wish:
I have seperate files for the 2D and 3D version of some movies. In Estuary list view the small nice SD/HD/3D icons disapeared.
So I have lots of "double" entries in library which I do not know which one is 3D anymore.
I think t would be helpful to add a written text "3D" after the movie name, this would also enable the possibility to search for 3D movies.

Ask in the Estuary sub-forum.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-03-20, 01:33)gjwAudio Wrote: This is most likely an @fritsch question:

One thing I've noticed since using these v17 builds, is the pitch of the audio track will occasionally wobble up and down during playback. I presume this is audio resampling, done in an attempt to keep sound in sync with picture.

As a personal preference, I find this pitch shift disconcerting, and would rather have the video playback speed vary, to maintain constant-pitch audio.

I have not found any settings that allow this choice to be made - is it possible to set the audio playback for constant-pitch (as determined by the source sample-rate) without forcing everything to be resampled to a single, fixed sample-rate ?

Thanks in advance for insight and tips Blush

Turn off "Sync Playback to Display" and retry.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-03-20, 05:25)Milhouse Wrote:

(2016-03-20, 00:10)thosti Wrote: Same here. After #0315 my library did not show anything anymore, even after reinstall of #0315 from scratch and complete new setup.

You should both have waited longer for the videodb migration to complete. I can understand the reaction when faced with a blank screen, and hopefully a "Please wait, database upgrade in progress" screen will be added in future (no idea when).

In the meantime, you'll have to make do with me mentioning that there's a new schema in the release notes, and to assume there'll be a first-run startup delay...

It wasn't a blank screen, it was the splash screen. I let it sit for over half an hour at one point, and nothing at all was happening. A simple db migration doesn't, or at least shouldn't, take that long. If I see a simple message like that, without any visible progress I will still restart. Also, since it worked pretty much immediately after doing a db clean, I don't see how it is anythiing other than Kodi unable to deal with something in the old db.
Does this Milhouse OpenELEC build also include the RetroPlayer functionality?
(2016-03-20, 13:30)xoox Wrote: Does this Milhouse OpenELEC build also include the RetroPlayer functionality?

No. New feature may get pulled in if they have reached a state where there is a pull request against the master branch. RetroPlayer is not there yet.
(2016-03-20, 11:47)tinzarian Wrote: It wasn't a blank screen, it was the splash screen. I let it sit for over half an hour at one point, and nothing at all was happening. A simple db migration doesn't, or at least shouldn't, take that long. If I see a simple message like that, without any visible progress I will still restart. Also, since it worked pretty much immediately after doing a db clean, I don't see how it is anythiing other than Kodi unable to deal with something in the old db.

That is the normal behavior. In my case (~180MB MySQL Shared Library) the migration took arround 30-40minutes. Delete your created DB Files and do the migration again and wait till its done.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2016-03-20, 11:47)tinzarian Wrote: It wasn't a blank screen, it was the splash screen.

You're right - I have the Kodi splash disabled so all I see during a db migration is a blank screen. You see the Kodi splash, and if you pull the plug before the migration is finished you have an incomplete and unusable db. It's a known issue.
(2016-03-20, 19:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 11:47)tinzarian Wrote: It wasn't a blank screen, it was the splash screen.

You're right - I have the Kodi splash disabled so all I see during a db migration is a blank screen. You see the Kodi splash, and if you pull the plug before the migration is finished you have an incomplete and unusable db. It's a known issue.

How does one disable the splash screen?
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

2.11.10 splash
Set to false if you wish to disable the startup splash image. Defaults to true.
<splash>true</splash>

(2016-03-20, 20:42)Ipaddle Wrote: How does one disable the splash screen?
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4