Kodi Community Forum
Beta Arctic Horizon 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta Arctic Horizon 2 (/showthread.php?tid=367352)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - zborus - 2022-06-10

How I can set search setting in order to search in tmdb helperHuh

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - jurialmunkey - 2022-06-10

(2022-06-09, 10:19)talgold3 Wrote:
(2022-06-09, 09:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-09, 06:43)talgold3 Wrote: Mine shows just fine :

ImageImage
So what could be the problem?

Did you try downloading the file that you uploaded and looking at that? Not just the one on your computer? I think maybe something happened to the encoding when you uploaded it.

It definitely doesn't work. I looked in both a text editor and in Kodi. As you can see below, the strings translated by default in Kodi display fine. The strings translated in your file do not display and are just blank.

I think the problem is with this line:
"Language: il\n"

I've changed it to:
"Language: he_il\n"

here it is:
https://gofile.io/d/iXgttb

and it seems to work:
but some text is out of place:

No same issue. Look in Skin Settings not Appearance Settings. Your screenshot is Appearance settings which is translated by Kodi.

(2022-06-09, 17:56)TheFather999 Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Been a AH1 user for a long while (it is the cornerstone of my media center) and really enjoy test driving your latest skin.
I do want to "hop on the bandwagon" and express how useful the "lovefilm" widget is in AH1. It is an absolutely perfect option for Next/Upcoming/In-progress" content. So I do hope you consider utilizing it in your latest adaptation of AH.

Thank you again for all your hard work. It certainly does not go unnoticed. CHEERS!!!

Oh yes, lovefilm will definitely be in! It's just that the larger vertical size means it needs its own special settings to align properly with other widgets, and I haven't quite got to sorting that out yet!

(2022-06-09, 18:08)sabre6 Wrote: Love it, back for more goodness.  Wondering if the Guide will accommodate channel logos at some point? Thanks!

Guide already has view options for viewtypes with logos. You just need to change the view from the top right menu.

(2022-06-09, 18:51)psbguy Wrote:
(2022-06-09, 10:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-09, 06:02)psbguy Wrote: The skin keeps getting better and better!

Can you add support for Arabic language or Arial fonts?

Under PVR, when I use last played channels as full screen widget, the fanart is not displayed in the background, can this be achieved? or can the fanart be displayed for last played channels as a normal widget?

Thanks!

Could you try 0.1.26? Use the "NotoRoboto - Arabic" font set.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/releases/tag/v0.1.26

I've created a merged version of Roboto Condensed and Noto Arabic Condensed. It isn't perfect but appears acceptable. There's more details on the github issue about the specific problems that don't appear to be solvable without fixes to Kodi's font rendering engine
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/issues/108

PVR fanart in fullscreen widget is only possible if your PVR backend/client supplies fanart.

For normal widgets, TMDbHelper is able to do a lookup by guessing what the show/movie is based upon the details that are there. However, Kodi doesn't allow attaching details to listitems directly after creation, so TMDbHelper supplies details as window properties instead.

The problem is that due to a Kodi limitation, window properties are not available from inside the list itself. Which means it is not possible for the fullscreen widget to access TMDbHelper's data.

The reason it works for other widgets is because the fanart for those is "outside" the list so the TMDbHelper properties are available to the window -- however because the fanart on the fullscreen widget is "inside" the list, it can't access the window properties and can only access the listitem properties.

Thanks! Arabic is now working fine!

As for PVR fanart, the backend/ client is actually supplies fanart, and this does work for last played channels widget under Aura skin, so I'm not sure why it's not working here, hopefully there will be an easy fix.

The code for the fullscreen widget is literally just fanart, so if the fanart doesn't display then your PVR client is not supplying it.

<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</texture>

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - talgold3 - 2022-06-10

Is anyone else facing issues with casting and other movie information that didn't appear? loading and then disappear

(2022-06-10, 05:40)Homeslixe Wrote: I just wanted to say thank you so much for the new skin. Definitely worth more than a coffee for all the effort you put in and your attentiveness to the forum!

I was also wondering if the AH style for plot+ratings under the widget title above the widgets themselves was planned in the roadmap in a later build, or is it not the style you're looking for with this version? I only mention it because I found it a lot easier the read at a glance, and it felt like more lines were visible. Not a big deal or anything, just curious

At the moment it is more an issue to do with alignment than anything else.

In AH1 the hacks used to achieve this approach to widget info were a real problem. They had a big impact on performance and it was also the cause of the lag in the info line details updating when changing items, so I don't want to reproduce that again.

If I find a way to do it that isn't a performance hog and doesn't cause other bugs then it might make it in; but for the time being it isn't planned.

(2022-06-10, 06:29)TexasRules777 Wrote: Absolutely lovely mate. This is shaping up nicely. I know you've got a bit going on with the Alpha but do you think at some point you'll bring back Monochrome ratings?

Yes definitely monochrome ratings/codecs will make a return at some point. I also plan to have a proper "Arctic" light theme ala AZ2 eventually (I know I've said this for other Horizon and Aura variants in the past - but this time the design is much better planned to support it properly!).

(2022-06-10, 07:44)hostile17 Wrote: Even though the Hide Watched option is selected on my tv shows they are not hidden.A tick is added to my watched shows instead.

The skin doesn't control the items displayed in your library. This setting is managed by Kodi.

If you are talking about widgets, the library setting for hide watched does not apply to widgets. You need to make your own smart playlists which hide watched items.

(2022-06-09, 19:10)Eddage Wrote: Another oddity I have noticed, not sure if this is a skin error or TMDB Helper. I have the original Cowboy Bebop and the Netflix Cowboy Bebop in my library, they have scanned correctly (show different years and plots, etc,) however the length ("0 hr 50 mins"), Trakt/TMDB rating and show status ("Cancelled 19/11/2021") both seem to be from the 2021 Netflix show....

Hmmm, that shouldn't happen in the library. TMDbHelper should use the year to get the correct match. Granted it is a fuzzy match (i.e. year of episode >= tvshow premiere year) but if anything it should be the other way around and both match to the older show rather than the newer one.

I'll see if I can reproduce this behaviour because it is unusual.

(2022-06-10, 03:11)jamesdm Wrote: I found something strange when i was browsing the movies.

Could you try 0.1.28 and see if that fixes it?
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/releases/tag/v0.1.28

I think it might be because that movie has movie codec info but only has channels/languages for audio and not audio codec info (in which case 0.1.28 should fix)

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - psbguy - 2022-06-10

(2022-06-10, 11:20)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-09, 18:51)psbguy Wrote:
(2022-06-09, 10:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: Could you try 0.1.26? Use the "NotoRoboto - Arabic" font set.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/releases/tag/v0.1.26

I've created a merged version of Roboto Condensed and Noto Arabic Condensed. It isn't perfect but appears acceptable. There's more details on the github issue about the specific problems that don't appear to be solvable without fixes to Kodi's font rendering engine
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.horizon.2/issues/108

PVR fanart in fullscreen widget is only possible if your PVR backend/client supplies fanart.

For normal widgets, TMDbHelper is able to do a lookup by guessing what the show/movie is based upon the details that are there. However, Kodi doesn't allow attaching details to listitems directly after creation, so TMDbHelper supplies details as window properties instead.

The problem is that due to a Kodi limitation, window properties are not available from inside the list itself. Which means it is not possible for the fullscreen widget to access TMDbHelper's data.

The reason it works for other widgets is because the fanart for those is "outside" the list so the TMDbHelper properties are available to the window -- however because the fanart on the fullscreen widget is "inside" the list, it can't access the window properties and can only access the listitem properties.

Thanks! Arabic is now working fine!

As for PVR fanart, the backend/ client is actually supplies fanart, and this does work for last played channels widget under Aura skin, so I'm not sure why it's not working here, hopefully there will be an easy fix.

The code for the fullscreen widget is literally just fanart, so if the fanart doesn't display then your PVR client is not supplying it.

<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</texture>

I think the issue might be with Last Played Channels widget itself, but that's ok, thanks for the great work!

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - sabre6 - 2022-06-10

(2022-06-10, 11:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-09, 18:08)sabre6 Wrote: Love it, back for more goodness.  Wondering if the Guide will accommodate channel logos at some point? Thanks!

Guide already has view options for viewtypes with logos. You just need to change the view from the top right menu.
Thank you Jurial, i tried those and do like them. But wondering if there would be one where it has the name of the channel and the logo (and channel # to less degree) in a default like setup.  When hitting select when watching LiveTV, could it bring the focus to stop button?  I notice if i make a widget with last played sort, no matter it goes by channel number. Thank you.

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - sabre6 - 2022-06-10

[deleted]

RE: Arctic Horizon 2 - Qirat77 - 2022-06-10

Really impressed with pvr guide and recordings windows - so elegant and clean. The thing I most appreciate is tvheadend loading in so much faster on boot compared to AH - saves me waiting anywhere up to a minute on the home screen in order to play a live channel. Great work.