Zotac ZBOX HD-ID41 + OpenELEC or Live?
Hi,

I play my movies currently with ATV2 + XBMC. Now I would like to have a support for 24p and 1080p. Also DTS-HD Master audio would be nice too.
Video and audio should be transferred via HDMI.

Does Zotac ZBOX HD-ID41 do all these for me? Or shoud I look for another brand.. or build my own?
What about Zotac HD-ID11, which one is better for XBMC use?

I plan to run it with OpenELEC or XBMC Live. Windows is not an option.

It has the following hardware:

-Intel ATOM D525 Dual-Core, 1.8 GHz
-Intel NM10 Express
-Nvidia ION Next Gen 512 MB DDR3
-Audio: Integrated 7.1
-Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n/g/b WLAN
-HDMI

Thanks!
Hi,

I have been looking at the ID41 recently, too. But I could not bring myself to by the device yet.
Would be great if anybody using an ID41 could share his experience here.
Thanks a lot.
THe ID41 is well supported under Openelec - it will work fine in XBMC Live but much easier with Openelec.

You will need to do the sound fix to get sound over HDMI working there are plenty of guides and its pretty straightforward

24p is no problem - DTS-MA and TrueHD Bitsteaming - no not supported. Technically the AD10 etc will support bitsteaming but having used one myself in Openelec and had lots of problems with stuttering and artifacts I would say stay away
Having looked around a little more, I think I am going to buy a
ZOTAC ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID33 next week.
It's supposed to be a bit less noisy than the 41.
Thanks for the info, looking down various avenues to upgrade from the ATV2.

The slightly ironic thing is I have a spare PC here with good specs, but I want to avoid the power consumption/heat of having a full tower running 24/7, not sure if the ZBOX would be much of an improvement in this area but it's certainly got me curious!
i have 2 of these boxes running openelec and i they work great so far.. i can't hardly hear it running.. the blue light can be an issue if you put it behind the tv or something...
Thumbs Up 
albertmartel Wrote:i have 2 of these boxes running openelec and i they work great so far.. i can't hardly hear it running.. the blue light can be an issue if you put it behind the tv or something...
I too have used this device and there Is a small amount of fan noise but minimal-also use Asus 1012p that also require work around for hdmi sound (still not totally resolved the Zotac prob NoNo) and these are fan less but have the 510
1.6 hz chip!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX HD-ID41 + OpenELEC or Live?0