refresh rate in playback (fullscreen)
I recently noticed some stuttering using PowerDVD for BD-ISO playback. So I found out that I have to set custom refresh rate in nvidia control panel to fix that. I am talking about 23.976 fps with bds.

Now I am wondering if there is or isn't the same problem with xbmc!? Didn't I just notice that or does xbmc not apply the windows / driver settings? Does xbmc use auto-frequency or do I have to tune there something?

Please let me know some internal information.

Thank you.
Well, in xbmc you can choose to adjust your display framerate to you video or the other way around.
I'm doing the first and it's working fine, switching to 24p for movies and up for tv shows.
What I am wondering is: If it is a nvidia issue not being able to playback 23.976 fps properly, how can xbmc do playback without stuttering? I mean, should be a hardware thing, shouldn't it?
XBMC can adjust the refreshrate for you if you turn on the setting, the nvidia driver has absolutely no idea what kind of file XBMC is playing and what refreshrate would be best suited for that.
foxm2k Wrote:What I am wondering is: If it is a nvidia issue not being able to playback 23.976 fps properly, how can xbmc do playback without stuttering? I mean, should be a hardware thing, shouldn't it?

without tweaking in the control panel nvidia cards cant do 23,976hz in the correct way.
If you understand german look HERE, otherwise google is your friend
Bin auch aus Deutschland. Danke ;-)
Gonna read that tomorrow. Regarding reclock... not sure I want to use a software manipulating my video and audio streams...
The sync playback to display setting in XBMC does about the same as reclock.
Nvidia cards , as far as i know, are unable to get correct 23.976 even setting it up in the Nvidia driver. It's an old bug or something , and they accomplish 23.966 or 23.9xx (i heard they can in Linux, and ATI cards CAN do 23.976 properly). This is the reason ppl use reClock in a Windows environment with a Nvidia card. ReClock accelerates the media to 24p, u switch ur monitor or TV to 24p, and voila.
XBMC does this, if u configure it so, automatically, as someone already told u, and changes ur monitor or TV to 24p also, if the TV is 24p able.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
if you set up the drivers you can get 23,976 playback.You have to tweak the 23hz display setting or make your own new one

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
refresh rate in playback (fullscreen)0