xhci_hcd issues on console
Hi guys,

I manged, i bought a zotac id41. I managed to get xbmc live on it but now I am frustrated.

I was trying to mount my network shares so I could start testing everything out, but when I switchted to console I got something that looks like a permament dmesg output although I never started it:

xhci_hcd 0000:01:00.0: Error no room on ep ring

I am guessing that has something to do with my USB 3 Controller in my Zotac device. I tried removing that module (modeprobe -r xhci_hcd) but it can't find it.

Its driving me insane, i can't work like this. Can anyone help me getting rid of this?
Try rmmod'ing xhci-hcd rather than xhci_hcd (dash rather than underscore).
XBMC Eden / Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)
Acer AspireRevo 3610 (Atom N330/ION/4GB RAM+500GB HD), PS3 BD Remote, HDMI to Vizio M320VT
or use ubuntu 11.10, it should support your hardware. xbmc-live is based on 10.04 which is rather old.
Hi I found it and just wanted to give away the solution in case anyone else has this problem:

Although local (not remote ssh) command line kept prompting these cryptic messages saying it was xhci_hcd the actual module is simply called "xhci".

Code:
lsmod
list the current active modules.

Code:
modprobe -r xhci
stops the module from working.

In order to prevent this module from loading at startup do the following:

edit blacklist.conf:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

add

Code:
blacklist xhci

problem solved

thanks for your help!

--------------------

By the way, the reason why I am not using ubuntu itself is because I am not really a linux crack, and I like how the live version boots with logo and directly to xbmc.. I wouldn' know how to do that myself, although I would love to be able to browse the internet and have a full OS on that system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xhci_hcd issues on console0