XP or win7
need advice what are the advantages of running win7 32bit over XP 32bit? as far as XBMC is concerned

Thanks,
yonu
There are improvements in performance as well as direct x support in 7 that xp does not have. 7 is far superior in my opinion. That being said, if you are mulling over using xp because of price then I would consider trying a Linux distro or OpenELEC.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Its night and day. 7 installs faster and easier, has better support from MS, better security, supports more hardware, maintains itself better, rarely BSOD if ever, supports DX11, faster, utilizes memory more efficiently. Looks better. And if you go 64 bit to support more ram the the list just continues
Win7 for no other reason than most of the remotes out there have no xp drivers or support for them....
thanks for the thoughts I am not really worried about the cost of xp or win7 as i have discs for both laying around the amount of ram is not an issue as 4gb is more than enough. Basically I was hoping there wan't much difference to XBMC between to 2 as I have a couple of pieces of hardware that just don't play well with win7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XP or win70