Navigation woes when network cable unplugged...
Hi,

I am having a strange day today Laugh
Am i missing something here...

I just rebooted my router (as it required a firmware upgrade) so i did some work off line with the router and was greeted with a constant naggin from upstairs...

Upon investigating, it would seem that when a network cable is unplugged and you try and access local content using xbmc on a local machine, xbmc gets stuck loading a "//videos" screen or the "//source/videos" screen when you try and access you c,d,e, "local" non networked drives Huh

This seemed strange as the machine in question is a bedroom media centre, which only has a small set of local content available, it has no access to the internet or the network for any reason other than xbmc updates. Its a vanilla windows7 box with only xbmc installed.

However, as soon as the cable was removed all hell broke loose... xbmc seemed to get stuck on a "loading" screen while trying to access local content... i would understand if it was looking for a network location, or had previously been given a network location or had once used a networked drive etc.. but it hasnt?

Out of curiosity, i decided to get my laptop install xbmc, and "C" as a local drive for media and then disable my network card, to see what happened..
Exactly the same thing, xbmc worked fine with the network card enabled, but shit its self when the card was disabled... started crashing while looking for these locations "//videos" + "//sources/videos" etc...

Selecting files or addons (default skin) causes this to happen and basically freezes xbmc as it trys to access "//videos" ... it seems strange as the machine in questn is not used for any media sharing, online surfing (no keyboard mouse etc) no networking etc etc its a standalone machine..

tl;dr
Can anyone explain why xbmc shits the bed and goes all crazy when trying to access local content on a standalone (non networked) htpc when you disable your network card?

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigation woes when network cable unplugged...0