Wireless streaming?
I ended up with an extra Zotac box (don't ask). Can I install this in my bedroom and access my media library wirelessly or is wireless not fast enough to stream 1080p video? I don't have ethernet going to that room.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
It's theoretically fast enough, but often suffers from throughput variations leading to poor playback, which in turn of course depend on hardware an radio environment (distance, wall material, other electronic devices giving interference etc etc).

Why don't you just try it, after having done some minor optimization of the setup (antennas are vertical, box not too close to other electronics, hidden in a cupboard, all those things that may interfer with radio waves).

For a short distance jump (about 30 feet, almost open air) I bought a pair of Netgear WNHDB3004 which has performed flawlessly for 1080 streaming (the bridging part, traditional AP function is so so).
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
patseguin Wrote:I ended up with an extra Zotac box (don't ask). Can I install this in my bedroom and access my media library wirelessly or is wireless not fast enough to stream 1080p video? I don't have ethernet going to that room.
If you setup the bridge, you might have better success streaming BD 1080P file! This is how it can be done-

Modem+Linksys E3200-RM+Linksys WET610N+Zotac= Smile in the bedroom!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless streaming?0