Is there any difference between the ATV vs Windows version?
I have a dedicated HTPC in the living using 7MC mainly but was recommended by a friend to get an ATV2 and put XBMC on it instead and perhaps get rid of my cable bill. I have XBMC on a laptop in the bedroom that I'm using mainly as a front end to watch the stream content from my HTPC in the living room.

Would there be any reason to get the ATV2 to run along with my HTPC? In another world, is there any difference between the ATV version vs the Windows version of XBMC?
I'm a bit unfamiliar with the acronym 7MC, Google has a bunch of links... it appears to represent Windows 7 using Windows Media Centre otherwise the home page is coming up for the 'Future home of Seven Moon Circus'.

ATV version vs. Windows version... although the O/S is different, the XBMC implementation is basically the same. The horsepower available in most PC's gives a wider selection of skins, and options to run and could give a better GUI response.

I'm a little unsure how your cable bill is going to change when simply switching media player software, unless you hold great hopes for streaming video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there any difference between the ATV vs Windows version?0