frodo snapshot builds??
now i know they are not stable builds and frodo has not yet been released but as some skins i like are already making the shift to frodo to be ready for official release i was wondering if someone who has been using the snapshot builds can give me an idea of how the latest snapshot is performing are there any issues you are having
Freaking FANTASTIC (bugs excepted here and there), Then Again I never stick to stables, and have learned more about xbmc and (Linux) because of it. (personally I compile from source) but xvba ppa are great for non compilers.

Moving form EDEN to frodo pre builds you "likely" to have to delete the guisettings.xml and perhaps if you use profiles also start again, many settings have changed and may be incompatible as I found.

With a few userdata backups or HDD full backups nothing that cant be undone.

In my case I recently reinstalled minimal ubuntu 12.04 (no window managers or x managers) and then used all the stuff in my signature to get back up and running aOK.

Issues are no greater imo than using EDEN, (there's no major issues that haven't got a workaround).

Bare in mind art and scrapping and some additions have been made that are completely different, not to mention the audioengine (though not perfect its better than old way)

uNi

You shouldn't have to delete anything when moving from Eden to Frodo - it should be perfectly seamless.

However, it would, ofcourse, be prudent to make a copy of userdata just in case.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hey JM

Great work, with the library juggling, can I ask about the vdpau changes from fernetmenta that seems to be left ignored?

It would make frodo super better. and I looks like its not going to happen., any info?

uNi
(2012-10-30, 01:43)jmarshall Wrote: You shouldn't have to delete anything when moving from Eden to Frodo - it should be perfectly seamless.

However, it would, ofcourse, be prudent to make a copy of userdata just in case.

Will that be the case for MySQL database too as long as I remove thumbnail path substitution?
Correct.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frodo snapshot builds??0