Win Problem with stuttering in MKV's created from HDDVD
Hi guys just wanted to see if anybody has had this problem before and can point me in the right direction.

One of the many things I use XBMC for is to rip the legally owned HDDVDs i have to MKV files, however it has been a learning experience as I would have thought it was just as easy to convert as BluRay.

However both of the movies have had the same issue,which is very choppy video, around 4fps with no audio. I got around the issue with Forbidden Planet by re-encoding the audio to DTS but now that its happened a second time I want to be sure I haven't overlooked something.

Basically I use HDMI over WASAPI and for these files the only way I can get the stuttering to stop is to set the audio mode to SPDIF.

Both movies are Dolby EAC3 True Audio, VC1 encoded video. I had read how some movies have a problem with misreading the framerate due to pulldown flags and I believe that i have removed them, but the problem persists.

IHere is the debug log i played the video in question and switched to SPDIF mode where it returned to 24 fps.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
8Gb Mem
Core I5 2600K
Nvidia 560Ti OC

Thanks

TimT
Am I leaving out something important here or does nobody have any ideas?

I'll gladly fill any blanks in I've missed.

Thanks.

Tim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with stuttering in MKV's created from HDDVD0