Playlists in library view behavior tweak
currently when selecting a playlist in the library view it loads the entire playlist into the 'playlist' queue.
i propose that playlists in library view behave like an albums. this would allow users to enter into the playlist without loading it as the current playlist, and enqueue songs from playlists or play directly from the virtual db directory.
imo this is a more user friendly approach to library navigation. though this may require playlists to be 'scanned' and the entries in the playlists to be stored in a table in the db.

on a side note, thanks kraq for getting playlists into the db view. very much appreciated
:thumbsup:

loto
i agree on this one... and also a huge thanks for getting this feature in... it is what i will use 99% of the time!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
dont worry, it's coming Smile

this was just part one. it was just easier to get this into the library window this way first.

my plan is to use the "play" action to open the playlist into the playlist window and start playing it. the "select" action will enter the playlist like it's a folder so you can enqueue items out of the playlist.

i'm also considering an "edit" option in the context menu which will open the playlist in the playlist window, but not start playing it. this way you can move items around, and resave it.

gimme some time for this. i got sidetracked onto something else.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
- 13-10-2005 added: playlists in my music library now act as folders. the items are displayed in the order found in the playlist.

ty again kraq :d

this makes the music librarycomplete as far as navigation of the database.

regarding 'edit' in the context menu, this would be a nice feature. your approach works. i cant really think of a better way to do it.

you're quite welcome. im glad u like it Smile

there's one thing to note... you can use "play" to play the playlist, but it works like how "play" works on everything else. an adhoc playlist is created and played. and "play"ing something else will stop the currently playing adhoc playlist and create a new one.

and the edit option will come a little later, when i find some time.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Lightbulb 
I was going to post this as a new thread, but managed to find something semi-related so I'm adding it to this one.

Editing of playlists would be FANTASTIC. Or rather, being able to open a playlist, add remove/change the order and save it again without having to enter the name would be sweet.

My suggestion for changing the order would be that if one presses select on a playlist, then when the files from the playlist are displayed, an "UPDATE" button on the sidebar would be good. When this button is clicked it updates the playlist with the current sort order. This means you could for example, select "Sort by Artist" then click UPDATE and the order of the playlist would be written in artist order. Having some buttons to move tracks up and down would be good. Perhaps using the select button to highlight a song (as in the file explorer) then press up/down to shuffle it up/down within the playlist?

You could also accomplish remove songs with the implementation above.

Adding songs is another kettle of fish. Maybe if you play a playist (enqueue, add it to "now playing" whatever its called) the name of the playlist could be come the default name displayed when the "save playlist" option is selected? If more than one playlist is added to the queue then just remember the latest one? That would certainly be a good feature for a start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlists in library view behavior tweak0