Android [SOLVED] TV Season folders not being scanned
Hi all!

I've got a bit of an issue here, but I'm not sure what's going on. Really hope you can help. I've done searches and found similar problems, but not many solutions that fit my issue.

Backstory:
I've used XBMC since the original Xbox (loving it all the while), so I'm not new to it. I will say however, that I'm NO expert. Just somewhat savvy.

Setup:
I'm running XBMC Gotham on an MK808 android stick in my living room connected to my TV. I'm also testing this issue with Frodo on my Galaxy SII with the same results. My server is my PC running Windows 7 64-bit
I have my media files stored on my Windows machine and organized in what has always been an acceptable way that XBMC could see.
Example:
Media/Shows/Breaking Bad/Season 05/Breaking Bad 05X01 - Live Free or Die.mkv
Media/Shows/Firefly/Firefly 01X01 - Serenity.avi

Here is two examples with my Movies folder
Media/Movies/Blade Runner/Blade Runner.avi
Media/Movies/Alien Quadrilogy/Alien/Alien.avi
--------------------------------------------/Aliens/Aliens.avi

At first I was having trouble finding the Aliens movies because they were in subfolders, but I was using the option that said "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title". This was wrong, and after deselecting that option, all was well with the movies section... but back to shows.

When I scan my shows folder I deselect the option that says" This folder contains a single show" and it starts scraping. When it's done, it lists all of the metadata for all of the shows I have, but none of the episodes show up... except Firefly (which, painfully, only had one season). This got me wondering, so I copied an episode of Breaking Bad into the shows root folder like so:
Media/Shows/Breaking Bad/Breaking Bad 05X01 - Live Free or Die.mkv

... and XBMC found it. Has something changed? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for all of your help and donations. I accept large bills =]

UPDATE::
Stand by for an important update:

I'm an idiot. Tongue

Turns out that I had some funky permission issues with my files. Not sure what caused it, but I got it figured out. If you have an issue where some of your files are not being read by XBMC from Windows 7, be sure to check if the icons have a small padlock on the lower left hand corner. If so, they are locked from sharing and cannot be scanned by our beloved media player.

FIX:
First, make sure that you are sharing your top-most folder with "Everyone". This is found in the XBMC Wiki, Section 1.2, Step 7 LINK
THEN
Right click on your top-most folder you are trying to share -> properties -> security -> advanced -> select "Everyone" and click "Change Permissons". Be sure to check the box labeled "Include Inheritable permissions from this object's parent". Hit "OK" all the way back and check some files... they should be padlock free and visiable to XBMC. HAZAH!!!

I hope that this helped someone, as I almost lost all of my hair over it. Also, this was not the proper place for this issue... but perhaps it'll at least show up in Google search. Happy watching!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] TV Season folders not being scanned0