Giada minipc, help please
Hello. I'm looking to buy a minipc for my bedroom to watch online streams and smb. I am between 2 (or 5) giada minipc. The 1st one is the i53 with an i3 and intel hd 4000 and 4gb ram and the 2nd (much cheaper) a giada i30 with an Atom D525 and an nVIDIA ION GT218. Also some other devices I can find localy about the same price as the i30 are an Intel Celeron 877+intel hd (my guess and from a bit of googling it's a HD 2000) and an intel Atom D510+intel hd 3150. Besides the i3 minipc the other 3 are alot cheaper. As I said I want to use xbmc for internet stream (no netflix) from 1channel icefilms etc and some smb streams divx ,h264 , mkvs (some with 20000 bit rate). I want a minipc that can handle everything I throw in it. If I can achieve that with the low priced ones I will be happy. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Ps: my htpc in my living room for my is a dual core pc with an ati, tv tuner etc etc. My htpc in my bedroom was the xbox1 that lasted till a few days ago. It forced me (the xbox) to do a dual encoding my movies h264 and hi bitrate for the projector and divx for the xbox,
There's some good info here on these..just check through the threads.
I just grabbed one and are still getting it setup..
Here's a start..
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1440855
Thankd for your input but the problem is that I have no options but these 5 I posted. Btw this is a giada i35g spec that I bought from ebay, came semi bricked and the seller do not respond. I have sped abou 600E on several arm but android and google do not like opensource. Thats why I turned to a win/linux box. Please respond me if the 4 cheap ones (not the i3) are good enough for a FULL xbmc minipc. Thanks for your response. Please respond on the 5 platforms I posted (ram and hdd are not an issue)
Please someone respond on the specs I have about 24h to make the order. Thanks
Forget the Atom D510+intel hd 3150, the other should be fine. The celeron 887 would probably be my choice, the i3 is fine but it would be difficult to justify the cost and the gt218 is quite old tech.
So to be in the safe side I must order the i3 (to be 100% sure) because the other systems have almost the same price and the hd200 from intel on the celeron isn't a bit old? Thanks for the replies.
There's a thread here about Celeron 847 and people who got one are very happy. You shouldn't have any problems with the 887, however the i3 should be faster and you could see that in the interface.
So as I said to be on the save side 100% I should go for the I3...I have seen alot on arms so semi solutions are not an option anymore. And the thread is propably referred to a minipc from scratch not a 877 in a minipc barebone that have laptop cpu/gpu. The freaking m on the end of the cpu means a lower power power hungry and lower specs. I will get a box with size of 2 dvd cases. That means laptop components. And the hd2000 makes me feel somehow underspec. Also the i3 is still on giada's website and this company is not famous on their support Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Giada minipc, help please0