Linux New XBMC Build - Advice
Hi All,

I'm looking at building my first XBMC server, im wanting to use it to stream avi, mp4, mkv files ranging from low res to 1080p but also want it to be Eco friendly Big Grin

When looking i've come across the below two ECO friendly boxes:
Zotac ZBOX ID81-B Intel Celeron 857 with Intel HM65 Chipset

Zotac ZBOX ID42 Intel dual-core 1.1Ghz WLan Nvidia GeForce GT 610 Barebone PC

The plan is to be able to play high res movies/tv shows onto the main TV with the possibility to add a USB tv card at a later date. I would be putting in 4GB ram (perhaps 8GB) and the hdd im thinking 1TB 2.5" WD Blue, if an external drive will work ok then I would get a small SSD for the main OS then use the external for storage.

As I have no experience with building an XBMC/HTPC i'm looking for advice, suggestions, ideas etc would be very grateful. My budget at the moment is £350.

Thanks,

Bob.
Should be fine those Zotac boxes are typically self contained units so your not actually building anything just turning it on and installing OS.

The one with the Nvidia GPU is probably the better option as well as being dual core if you ever stick a TV adapter onto it.
(2013-07-23, 17:35)Starstream Wrote: Should be fine those Zotac boxes are typically self contained units so your not actually building anything just turning it on and installing OS.

The one with the Nvidia GPU is probably the better option as well as being dual core if you ever stick a TV adapter onto it.

Great thanks, I'll go ahead and purchase the ID42. Thanks for the advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC Build - Advice0