My Ugly XBMC Box Just Got Uglier
My XBMC box never was one of those pretty builds. It's a cheap ATX case with an ATX mobo, ATX power supply, and otherwise 'Huge'. It's XBMC, SickBeard, CouchPotato, SABNZBD, NAS using DriveBender and Steam Big Picture Mode. All running on Windows 7 with an AMD A8-3780K and 16GB of RAM. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I see your tiny cute machines, with their extreme low power consumption and this isn't it. Today, it got worse. The motherboard is a Gigabyte A75-D3H, which has 5 internal SATA ports and one eSATA port on the backplate. I had already used all 5 internal ports and just added a 6th hard drive without wanting to add a PCI-E SATA controller card.

...So I ran an eSATA -> SATA cable from the backplate to the interior of the case for the 6th hard drive. I thought I'd share this pic with you, in hopes that you can all laugh with me and not at me. It may be a bit ugly but it undeniably works. Smile

"Beauty is in the eye of the remote control holder"
-- Anonymous
(2013-07-24, 03:53)Dougie Fresh Wrote: "Beauty is in the eye of the remote control holder"
-- Anonymous

Big Grin Lol

Perhaps a nice set of curtains or even a decadently patterned throw-rug could tie the cable theme together!?
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
It adds character Smile
Hey,..if you're able to use XBMC, and you're happy,..that's all that counts. Smile
I have to wonder why the DVI-to-HDMI adapter when there's a HDMI port open?
(2013-07-24, 17:41)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I have to wonder why the DVI-to-HDMI adapter when there's a HDMI port open?

Don't ask me why, but I can NOT get audio over the HDMI port on this board. I can ONLY get it over the DVI->HDMI adaptor. Weird, right?
(2013-07-24, 18:45)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Don't ask me why, but I can NOT get audio over the HDMI port on this board. I can ONLY get it over the DVI->HDMI adaptor. Weird, right?

I figured it was something like that. Nothing weird with hardware surprises me anymore. You're psyched you have the DVI port and didn't have to get a new mobo or put in a GPU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Ugly XBMC Box Just Got Uglier0