Bug Changing the language to use for summaries and other metadata doesn't work
Sad 
Hi

I set up my library yesterday on my Raspberry Pi. After everything were done, I noticed that all movie infos were in English (I speak French). So, I decided to change the setting "Preferred language -> Language to use for summaries and other metadata." to "fr" instead of "en". Then I updated my library but the movie infos remains unchanged.

It this a bug? Do I need to clear my library database and start over to change the language? Confused

Thank you

Sebastien
(2013-08-14, 14:50)untroll Wrote: Hi

It this a bug?
no
Quote: Do I need to clear my library database and start over to change the language? Confused

Thank you

Sebastien

yes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you for this fast reply!

Maybe you should consider a fix to avoid this situation?
Set the correct language before scraping you mean?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I mean to add a process to change the language or the summaries and other metadata according to the "Preferred language" setting without having to clear the library database. Or at least, add a message when the user changes the "Preferred language" setting if the library database is not empty to advise him that he will have to clear his library database to get the summaries and other metadata in the new language setting.
(2013-08-14, 17:51)untroll Wrote: I mean to add a process to change the language or the summaries and other metadata according to the "Preferred language" setting without having to clear the library database. Or at least, add a message when the user changes the "Preferred language" setting if the library database is not empty to advise him that he will have to clear his library database to get the summaries and other metadata in the new language setting.

+1
For new users like me it is hard to find how to change the movie infos after changing the language. I always pressed the "update database" button but nothing changed.
Now I have to search where the movie database is...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing the language to use for summaries and other metadata doesn't work0