yet another no sound on zsnes
Hi,
I have a strange problem with that there is no sound anymore on zsnes. This worked wonderful for a time with following setting in asound

defaults.pcm.device 1

and in xbmc I choosed this. This worked for a wile, but now it wont give any sound anymore, not in xbmc on music, or in zsnes. And just stop worked over night.

Does anyone have any pointers on what I can do, to make it work again?

Im using latest stable xbmc version on arch linux.

Any pointers will gratefully be appreaciated.

best regards
Did you upgrade the system or anything like that? Also posting a debug log (wiki) on pastebin or similar will help people help you.
I'd start by removing asound.conf and any .asoundrc you have laying around.
hm the only thing i see that maybe have something with sound under update is

upgraded ffmpeg, and the libsamplerate., the xbmc log does not reveal much..

(2013-08-27, 09:07)negge Wrote: I'd start by removing asound.conf and any .asoundrc you have laying around.

I thank you for your tip, but the only asound i have is the one in my user folder, and to make xbmc give zsnes a sound device I have to have that one with the following content

defaults.pcm.device 1

and sins you no longer can use custom audio device with xbmc 12 i had to do it this way..

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC887 Analog [ALC887 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC887 Digital [ALC887 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
XBMC should release the audio device automatically these days so you shouldn't need the .asoundrc.
(2013-08-27, 09:21)negge Wrote: XBMC should release the audio device automatically these days so you shouldn't need the .asoundrc.

hehe, yeah, but that dont happends.Wink
Which exact version are you using? And do you have <streamsilence> in your advancedsettings.xml?
(2013-08-27, 10:06)negge Wrote: Which exact version are you using? And do you have <streamsilence> in your advancedsettings.xml?

im using 12.2 og xbmc latest stable release.

hehe, well when it comes to advancedsetting.xml, I dont have that one..Wink

I guess it should be under the .xbmc/userdata folder?

(let me guess that the reason that it does not work... heheh)
No you shouldn't need one in this case, I was just checking. XBMC should release the audio device after 10 seconds of silence.
here is some debuging info.

first link is with none asound.conf (or asoundrc)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=51136

next one is when i tryed to follow the guid from this forum

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=8967

by adding the "defaults.pcm.device 3" the sound was working like a charm for awile. but over night it stop working,
the update i did to the system should not have affectet this.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=51138

it wont play music or start sound on zsnes, (but the sound is there when i start a movie)

update, i think i know what the problem is, the audio is maybe working but not where i want it, the audio for zsnes is comming out the analog (headphone), if that is the case how to force it to come out the digital output?
(2013-08-27, 23:47)alfton Wrote: the update i did to the system should not have affectet this.

If the only changes were the system update then that must have changed something or be a bug. The joys of being a beta tester, ah, I mean arch-linux user. Have you searched the arch forums for any possible bugs with the packages that were updated?

Quote:it wont play music or start sound on zsnes, (but the sound is there when i start a movie)

This sounds like a asound config issue, (what format is the audio in the movie?), but I think that with xbmc's audio engine a asound file isn't necessary for audio in the menus.

Also have you tried launching zsnes to use alsa instead of SDL?
(2013-08-28, 01:10)teeedubb Wrote:
(2013-08-27, 23:47)alfton Wrote: the update i did to the system should not have affectet this.

If the only changes were the system update then that must have changed something or be a bug. The joys of being a beta tester, ah, I mean arch-linux user. Have you searched the arch forums for any possible bugs with the packages that were updated?

Quote:it wont play music or start sound on zsnes, (but the sound is there when i start a movie)

This sounds like a asound config issue, (what format is the audio in the movie?), but I think that with xbmc's audio engine a asound file isn't necessary for audio in the menus.

Also have you tried launching zsnes to use alsa instead of SDL?

ty for answers,, yea I have tryed to use alsa instead of SDL.. its the same resaults..

yeas have also searched for bug on arch there, nothing have come ut yet. Maybe later.,Wink

best regards Alf Tonny..
well, i have try allot of thing here, stil having problem to get this solved,, audio in xbmc work nice both on music and film, without asound.conf or asoundrc files..

but its seems to me that xbmc do not release the audio device to zsnes when i try load it, (i can see on the reciver that that is say unlock when rom is booting, but the sound does not come)

does anyone have som ideas i can check out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
yet another no sound on zsnes0