Win Black Border Around Movies
The other week my HTPC went stupid and i had to reinstall xbmc and windows and while i was at it i upgraded windows 7 to 8.1. Everything is running fine except i now have a black border around my movies but this only happens to my 720p & 1080p movies. My video card is a ATI HD 7800 series with the latest drivers installed.

The border around my movie

There is no border around the menus or my desktop.

You need to go to Catalyst Control Centre and set overscan to 0% - and make sure you do it for all refresh rates you are likely to use (23, 24, 50 etc), if you use 'adjust refresh rates'.
(2013-12-12, 15:10)steelman1991 Wrote: You need to go to Catalyst Control Centre and set overscan to 0% - and make sure you do it for all refresh rates you are likely to use (23, 24, 50 etc), if you use 'adjust refresh rates'.

I've done that but it still has borders, its doing my head in as i have the exact same setup on my gaming laptop that also has an ATI HD card and that is full screen.
How is the zoom level in video settings?
Peppe
(2013-12-12, 16:49)peppe_sr Wrote: How is the zoom level in video settings?
Peppe

It only lets me zoom to the black border.
(2013-12-12, 16:43)voyagerxp Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 15:10)steelman1991 Wrote: You need to go to Catalyst Control Centre and set overscan to 0% - and make sure you do it for all refresh rates you are likely to use (23, 24, 50 etc), if you use 'adjust refresh rates'.

I've done that but it still has borders, its doing my head in as i have the exact same setup on my gaming laptop that also has an ATI HD card and that is full screen.

Just to be clear - you have done this for each individual refresh rate and saved the settings before changing to the next refresh rate and carrying out the same process. Overscan is not a global setting and requires to be individually set. Just checking.
If you mean setting each individual refresh rate in screen resolution/ advanced settings/ monitor and then set overscan to 0 then yes i did.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Border Around Movies0