overseas
My son (who lives in Suffolk) has just bought the gboxmidnight2 (fully loaded) and is very happy with the product. I would also like to purchase this, but I live in Durban, South Africa. Would this pose any sort of problem? I have friends who would bring the box itself, so I am more interested in any issues regarding streaming etc.
Many thanks for any help
Running XBMC on an android box isn't an issue if you have your own media collection to connect with, but if you're buying into the streaming video side of things, XBMC is more or less a direct interface to what is available from your browser. Some 3rd party add-ons go beyond that and enter coypwrite issues in most countries and hence are not supported on this forum (refer you to the forums piracy policy http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117) and any questions on this subject here will have consequences.

I should note, that most of these 3rd party add-ons are not as well supported as the main media player, and what you stream one day might be gone the next, with a distinctive fly-by-night approach to support. A rule of thumb is if you can see it in your browser, the likelihood of a functional add-on is good or might be good someday. Streaming video is also very dependant on the bandwidth, connection, number of hops to the source along with a lot of other factors Durban might be dicey for streaming, let us know how it works out if you decide to jump into this.
Freestate, checking in

Chad04, go check out www.mybroadband.co.za/vb, and ask in the tv/multimedia sub forum. Its a south african forum, and the guys there also knows there stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
overseas0