How to tell network speed/download on Amazon Fire TV?
Is there any reasonable way to tell the network download rate/speed I'm getting on the Amazon Fire TV?

I have DSL speeds of around 24-26mbit and I can't figure out for the life of me how to see what kind of speeds my Amazon Fire TV is getting. I have XBMC loaded up. I don't see any Amazon store apps that deal in the subject. Is there a web browser with flash on the Fire TV that'll work with these websites that run speed tests? Is there any web browser that runs flash in XBMC that'll tell me?

My Centurylink router provides Wireless-N to the Amazon Fire. It's going through a wall and is probably 30 feet away. I'm trying to determine if I want to roll the dice with a 500mbit powerline adapter or not here.
More likely then not your wifi is plenty for your internet connection, even if it is not quite up there it could be because the internet is shared with other devices.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
Ghudda, if you have access to Google store, download the play store app for speedtest by Ookla.

It is free and it can show you what your download/upload speeds are. I am not sure though if FTV comes with the standard Google apps or not.

Never mind. There is an Ookla Amazon app too which you can download.

http://www.amazon.com/Ookla-Speedtest-ne...B00F9F1G4U

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to tell network speed/download on Amazon Fire TV?0