Req System volume, again
Music 
Apologies for dredging up a topic that has been gone over and over, but I was wondering if there was a way to do what I want.

System:
Shuttle X50V3
Win 7 Pro x86
Gotham

I have a home system slowly coming together, the first XBMC/Kodi install is quite happy in my kitchen hooked up to the NAS for all files, hardwired cables for net and audio.

The audio out (headphone socket) goes to two powered (amp is built in) speakers that live above the kitchen cupboards, so they are not accessible to alter settings.

The PC is also used for browsing sites while cooking (recipe ideas etc) and internet radio (which will be integrated into XBMC eventually when i get time to do it)

What I really want the system to do is have a start (XBMC start) and end settings for system volume.

Why would I want this?

I like to have the PC muted (system vol 0) when it boots so that I don't wake the kids up! But then I have to fiddle with the touchscreen to get the tiny slide bar up to a useable level, somewhere around 35-40 on the system volume.
Oh and I don't have a keyboard attached to the PC (ok on-screen KB is there but XBMC looks much nicer fullscreen) a waterproof one is on order though Wink

So if there were an XML file that could handle start set volume to 35, then end set volume to 0 that would be excellent.

I do have a remote (my phone) that I can turn the playback volume up/down, but i need the system vol at a good level to get anything decent out.

Ideas, suggestions, of the helpful variety welcome.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Hub - you can control everything from your phone with that device.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I have been looking at those and will likely be investing for the amp rack.

The speakers are basic though, so unless the harmony has hands it'll struggle with the volume knob on the amp! Smile

Good shout though, but it has to be the PC system volume that gets altered.

I might just set it to full ans hack the connector for an external manual volume control, cutting edge home theatre software meets £2 variable resistor!
(2014-09-09, 17:02)CustomIce Wrote: I have been looking at those and will likely be investing for the amp rack.

The speakers are basic though, so unless the harmony has hands it'll struggle with the volume knob on the amp! Smile

Good shout though, but it has to be the PC system volume that gets altered.

I might just set it to full ans hack the connector for an external manual volume control, cutting edge home theatre software meets £2 variable resistor!

you can try autohotkey script. http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/3...#entry6732

Quote:Here is the script
#PgUp::Send {Volume_Up 3}
#PgDn::Send {Volume_Down 3}

so doing Win+PgUp or Win+PgDown changes the master volume.
If you don't have it installed already, http://www.autohotkey.com/
Once installed, right click your Desktop, and choose new AutoHotKey file
Make sure to title the file ending with .ahk (for example, I used "controls.ahk")
Paste the code in from above
Save it, and double click the script in windows explorer
To run it at startup
Use the AHK provided "Convert to exe" utility (or you can right click the file and select "compile script")
Create the .exe in "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Excellent thanks I will give that a shot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System volume, again0