Show the Music Title Info bar for longer in the fullscreen visualization
The music title info that comes up at the beginning of each song only stays on for about 3 or 4 seconds. Usually by the time I'm realizing a new song has started and I'm turning my head to look at the TV to see what one it is, the info is already fading away.

This is the bar I'm talking about:

I know you can press the Title button on the remote to have it display permanently but I really don't need it on all the time. I think it would be nice if it stayed up for about 10 or 15 seconds though.
feel free to edit that, it's part of the skin.
Any hints as to where it is in the skin?

I just went through a bunch of different files that looked like they might be it and played with the settings. The only one I could get to do anything with that bar was when I increased the <animation effect="fade" time="1000">VisibleChange</animation> lines under all the media infos controls in skin\Project Mayhem III\PAL16x9\MusicVisualisation.xml

That didn't actually change how long the bar stayed up though. It only made it fade in and out slower so it was even worse.
maybe try adding a delay to the animation tag? http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde..._Your_Skin
There's a hard coded onscreen timer in the visualization window code, but sleepyp has a good suggestion. Adding a delay to those elements in the skin should make it stay onscreen longer. Let us know if that works. If not, I could make the timer value available through an advancedsetting tag.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I added delay="10000" and it completely stopped the bar from displaying at all on its own. It also had a side effect of not letting it come up manually until 10 seconds after you press the title button on the remote.
Ok. I was afraid that would happen. I thought the delay only affected the fade-out, but it also affects the fade-in. I'll add an advanced setting to allow this to be changed. The valid range will be 1-15 seconds.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
actually wouldn't you be able to get around this simply by defining an animation tag for each of the two state changes? the current code appears to use the "reversible" animation method, which is why the delay is applied to both "visible" and "hidden" events. it's been a while since i have goofed with the skin engine in a serious way, but the manual backs up my assertion. definitely worth a shot?
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde..._Your_Skin
Good idea. I think that will work. The problem is that VisibleChange affects both the fade-in and fade-out since its controls both the Visible and Hidden actions. So, just change all instances of

Quote:<animation effect="fade" time="1000">VisibleChange</animation>

to

Quote:<animation effect="fade" time="1000">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" delay="10000" time="1000">Hidden</animation>

This should cause the fade-in to take the normal one second. Then when the item needs to change back to hidden state after the hard coded 2 second timer, it'll wait 10 seconds before the fade-out animation occurs.
It will still be nice to be able to set the actual timer in advancedsettings.xml. The side effect of editing the skin with the animation effect is that you'll have to wait the 10 seconds before the bar disappears when you want to turn it off manually.
You're right about that. That will always delay the fade-out animation.
Added.

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...uration.3E
Thanks. It is working great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show the Music Title Info bar for longer in the fullscreen visualization0