Android lollipop on Pi 2

Published on 24 Mar 2015
By Geek Till It Hertz
Download Link and Instructions: http://ric96.blogspot.in/2015/03/android...-pi-2.html

blog quote
Quote:Sadly yes [development has stopped], there is nothing to develop unless someone provides us with a gpu driver/ graphics stack
The Pi is actually virtually the only platform with an open source graphics stack.
Eric Anholt is "working on building an MIT-licensed Mesa and kernel DRM driver for the 2708 (aka the 2835), the chip that's in the Raspberry Pi". See here.
It's open source so anyone else could join in.
Interesting, thanks for sharing popcornmix, don't have a YouTube account but if someone can forward this message to geek till it hertz, might move this forward faster.
This is great if we can get it to work, but wouldn't it be better to get Android TV instead of the mobile version of lolipop
I'm not sure how much Android will get you on the Pi.
Kodi will always run better directly without going through an Android layer.
Netflix is unlikely to run (you don't just need Android for Netflix but DRM support).

Sure it will get you games and some non-DRM video services but I'm not sure it will be a killer feature.
(2015-03-29, 22:10)popcornmix Wrote: I'm not sure how much Android will get you on the Pi.
Kodi will always run better directly without going through an Android layer.
Netflix is unlikely to run (you don't just need Android for Netflix but DRM support).

Sure it will get you games and some non-DRM video services but I'm not sure it will be a killer feature.

ahh, netflix was what I was hoping for.
Luv TV would be cool.
(2015-03-29, 13:13)MediaPi Wrote: Interesting, thanks for sharing popcornmix, don't have a YouTube account but if someone can forward this message to geek till it hertz, might move this forward faster.

I left a message on youtube. Maybe it will help.
Your a gentleman Ned. Thank you. Smile
The advantage of Android is the ability to run besides Chrome, AceStream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android lollipop on Pi 20