Refresh Library
Hello,

How can I safely remove all the entries in my music video library and start over?
(2015-05-05, 21:27)music_lover Wrote: Hello,

How can I safely remove all the entries in my music video library and start over?

Go into the userdata folder and delete the database entries for music. You will have to re-add your sources and rescrape.
(2015-05-05, 23:34)Warner306 Wrote:

Go into the userdata folder and delete the database entries for music. You will have to re-add your sources and rescrape.
Okay, I did this. At first it wouldn't reload, a little scary. What I don't understand is why I get different item counts in all places: 9420 in explorer, 9387 in video files, 9209 in a smart playlist, 9387 in a regular playlist. BTW, I'm running Gotham.
(2015-05-06, 14:14)music_lover Wrote:
(2015-05-05, 23:34)Warner306 Wrote:

Okay, I did this. At first it wouldn't reload, a little scary. What I don't understand is why I get different item counts in all places: 9420 in explorer, 9387 in video files, 9209 in a smart playlist, 9387 in a regular playlist. BTW, I'm running Gotham.
Anyone?
Okay. I did new install of kodi on another laptop. Created fresh nfo's and scraped with local NFO scraper. I got 9224 music videos in files; but only 9158 entries in the music library and in a new smart playlist. What gives?
The numeric differences can be caused by all kinds of different issues with your content. So it is far better for you scan in your collection in stages. That will then allow you to actually spot which films are not being imported.

As you are still setting up, it may just be simplest to restart. Delete the video database. Now make a new folder for your films and move in a dozen or so. Scan them, then compare the counts. This will make it easier to spot what is "missing".

Then repeat... throwing in 50 or so video folders into the folder at a time, then rescan. Build the database slowly which then allows you to double check as you go along.

Often small typos in file names can fool the scrapers. Or plain having the wrong show names.

But do also remember there are many scrap files that get left in folders if you haven't cleaned them up by hand. Turn on hidden files and make sure you have removed any samples, text files, ini files, junk nfo files, unwanted subs and so forth.

If you keep trying to work with 9000+ giles you will never spot what your issues are. Smile
(2015-05-08, 16:49)BatterPudding Wrote: The numeric differences can be caused by all kinds of different issues with your content. So it is far better for you scan in your collection in stages. That will then allow you to actually spot which films are not being imported.

As you are still setting up, it may just be simplest to restart. Delete the video database. Now make a new folder for your films and move in a dozen or so. Scan them, then compare the counts. This will make it easier to spot what is "missing".

Then repeat... throwing in 50 or so video folders into the folder at a time, then rescan. Build the database slowly which then allows you to double check as you go along.

Often small typos in file names can fool the scrapers. Or plain having the wrong show names.

But do also remember there are many scrap files that get left in folders if you haven't cleaned them up by hand. Turn on hidden files and make sure you have removed any samples, text files, ini files, junk nfo files, unwanted subs and so forth.

If you keep trying to work with 9000+ giles you will never spot what your issues are. Smile
Are there any known issues with special characters? I'm using the default NFO scraper- is there a better one out there?
Also, what does the "clean library" function do? I run it for 20 minutes, and never got even to 1% completed.
"Clean Library" removes entries from your database that no longer exist where the library claims they are.

Example: You scan in your music folders.

You then DELETE some folders, MOVE some folders and RENAME some folders on the hard disk.

Next time you start KODI you do a fresh scan and you now find these items you have MOVED, DELETED and RENAMED are listed twice. Once for the new location and once pointing to the old locations.

A "Clean Library" will remove these MOVED, DELETED and RENAMED items leaving only the items that are still on the hard disk.

If you say it is taking 20mins just to get 1% completed then I would suggest run it overnight while you sleep and see what is there in the morning.
(2015-05-11, 04:14)music_lover Wrote:
(2015-05-08, 16:49)BatterPudding Wrote: The numeric differences can be caused by all kinds of different issues with your content. So it is far better for you scan in your collection in stages. That will then allow you to actually spot which films are not being imported.

Are there any known issues with special characters? I'm using the default NFO scraper- is there a better one out there?
OK, I figured out some of the issues:

1. It doesn't like dashes in the title.
2. It doesn't like files where the only difference is numeric. This was prevelant with files like :

Artist - live part 1
Artist - live part 2

3. It doesn't like titles with .mp4 or similar.

I fixed all these issues and got to within 8 of all files accounted for in the library. I can live with that.

There should be a way to see source files not in the library.
Good to hear you got most of them sorted now. The pattern the scrapers use isn't too hard to keep to.

I'm guessing the trouble with your Artist - live part 1 example is that it is not listed in the theAudioDB like that. If there is no entry in the online database, then KODI can't do a match. And this is where writing the odd NFO file comes in as useful.

It may have been a bit of hard work bringing the whole collection in line - but it is certainly worth it in the end. Smile
(2015-05-15, 10:34)BatterPudding Wrote: Good to hear you got most of them sorted now. The pattern the scrapers use isn't too hard to keep to.

I'm guessing the trouble with your Artist - live part 1 example is that it is not listed in the theAudioDB like that. If there is no entry in the online database, then KODI can't do a match. And this is where writing the odd NFO file comes in as useful.

It may have been a bit of hard work bringing the whole collection in line - but it is certainly worth it in the end. Smile
Thanks. I'm using the standard local NFO scraper and making my own .NFO files. There is no online match necessary. These are music videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh Library0