Bug Closing PVR guide goes to home menu
(2015-07-14, 08:18)AshG Wrote:
(2015-07-14, 07:15)VictorG Wrote: No , exiting the guide pressing "guide" is not what the user expects. The user expects going back, pressing back. And back means previous, not home. And guide means open guide, no close guide.

The op is right, but is not a bug, cos it was made intentionally. Is a bad design.

That's your opinion! Certainly not the case that I have witnessed, "they" (eg family and friends) see the EPG in the same light as the info button that has the same behaviour, eg press the button once open twice to close. The fact is that the behaviour can be changed by editing the keyboard.xml

Agreed it may not follow the same UI behaviour as other parts of Kodi but there are ways to overcome the issues. Took my family 2 minutes to get used to using the same button to open and close the guide.
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
I think this could help VictorG in his problem: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

It's a nice little addon that makes editing keymappings simple.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2015-07-13, 16:53)rlg6767 Wrote: You could add this to your Keyboard.xml file:

<TVGuide>
<keyboard>
<e>Fullscreen</e>
</keyboard>
</TVGuide>

So pressing the Guide button would take you back to live TV whilst you are browsing the EPG. I find this easier as you can quickly flash up the guide using the guide button, and pressing it again closes the guide back to live TV.

Thank you very much, this has solved it for me. Rather than mapping it to the guide button though, I've mapped it to the back button, so that the back button now actually functions as a back button when in the tv guide (rather than a home button?)

I have:

<key id="61448">Fullscreen</key>

........and it works a treat!

Thanks again
Here is my keymap with some other useful pvr "keymaps" http://pastebin.com/a9Hg4eh8 i use it with my mce remote
Scenario one: you browse from the main menu deep into the settings, then start pressing Back. You will have to press Back a few times to get back to the main menu (where you started) and then finally Back once more to get to full screen.

Scenario two: you map a key on your remote to take you deep into the settings in one click. Guess what, to get out of there you have to press Back just as many times as in the first scenario.

Scenario three: you map a key on your remote to take you to the EPG window. This is the same as scenario two, pressing Back will take you "one level up", not where you came from. This is the expected behavior for all of Kodi and I don't see why we should change this just for the EPG window.

Your best option is modify your keymap so that pressing Guide closes the EPG window. The fact that this is not the default behavior can be seen as a bug, and if you want bugs fixed you should create tickets for them on trac.kodi.tv, otherwise us developers tend to forget them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Closing PVR guide goes to home menu0