upper and lower case sources
My install of Kodi keeps doing strange things now and again.

I've got a source setup which is a share on another machine like so

smb://MYSERVER/Movies

this is all working fine.

However for some reason when it starts scanning its finding the same source with with the server name as lower case like so.

smb://myserver/Movies

Because of this its re-scanner all the movies a second time and duplicating them in library.

I've checked my sources file and everything in there is the uppercase servername.

any ideas why its doing this and where else it might be getting the lowercase name from ?
See phantom source (wiki). Basically, re-add the second source that has lower case, then re-remove it and that will open the prompt to remove it from the database.
There are a few places in the wiki that state to use IP addresses instead of names for shares as well. Possibly try smb://192.168.1.100/Movies. You will just need your network pc set up with a static IP. I do that in my router, but you could do it in the pc as well.
Sure, but that will only help if the situation is a server that doesn't always connect. It won't do anything for duplicates because of the file path, and technically will add a third file path ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upper and lower case sources0