Req System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Check For Updates
Earlier this week, I tried an add-on I had been using and an error was reported. The add-on creator was notified, and he said he'd try get a fix for this, and update out this week. He did earlier today and told us about it on Twitter.

I went to update the add-on on my installation, but no update was available. I went to do a "Force refresh", or "Check for updates" on the repository, but noticed they had been removed. I uninstalled, then reinstalled the add-on, still the old broken version. I then uninstalled the repository, and the global updates check occurred, but because I'd uninstalled the parent repo for the add-on, nothing updated. When I then reinstalled the repo, another update check occurred and the update came through.

In the meantime, what actually triggers the system-wide update check? Obviously uninstalling and installing repos does, but is there an easier way to trigger it?
check for updates is still there, it's been moved to the sidemenu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Dang-nammit! I Googled about this, didn't find it (despite now being able to clearly see it in the FAQ), and asked on the IRC channel first and nobody knew :/

This can be closed / removed. Thanks ronie.
Martijn did a video on this some days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZASpk_xNo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Check For Updates0