Kodi scanning for new content suddenly taking forever
Just as the subject says Kodi now takes forever to scan whereas only a few days ago it only took seconds. I upgraded Kodi today to see if it would change anything but it sill just sits there for 10 minutes or more. A quick look at my log file (Bear with me I'm pretty low tech in terms of programming) shows kodi just won't connect to my NAS drive even though it is perfectly accessible in Windows 10 while Kodi struggles to finish scanning for new content, and it will eventually finish it's scan with new content added. Possibly I'm just missing something easy?? Sorry to be a bother but any help would be appreciated!

Here are the particulars...
Using Release Kodi (16.0 Git:20160220-a5f3a99)
Running on Windows 10 version 1511 64 bit
Host CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 4 cores available
8 gigs of ram
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz
I connect to my NAS through my LAN via wired connection on a Asus rt-ac68u router.

Log file
http://xbmclogs.com/p9mj9ho8i

Thanks again for any help!
-Hawkboy
Am I Missing any vital info? Still having the problem...
I am experiencing a similar issue as well, the nas connection is ok, it is just the scanning that gets to 98% completed [estimated] and then just sits there forever.
(2016-03-17, 02:50)Hawkboy Wrote: Just as the subject says Kodi now takes forever to scan whereas only a few days ago it only took seconds. I upgraded Kodi today to see if it would change anything but it sill just sits there for 10 minutes or more. A quick look at my log file (Bear with me I'm pretty low tech in terms of programming) shows kodi just won't connect to my NAS drive even though it is perfectly accessible in Windows 10 while Kodi struggles to finish scanning for new content, and it will eventually finish it's scan with new content added. Possibly I'm just missing something easy?? Sorry to be a bother but any help would be appreciated!

Here are the particulars...
Using Release Kodi (16.0 Git:20160220-a5f3a99)
Running on Windows 10 version 1511 64 bit
Host CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 4 cores available
8 gigs of ram
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz
I connect to my NAS through my LAN via wired connection on a Asus rt-ac68u router.

Log file
http://xbmclogs.com/p9mj9ho8i

Thanks again for any help!
-Hawkboy

Thanks for the log. I'm not an SMB expert but it seems like something is broken in your SMB credentials that Kodi is trying with:

Code:
16:45:17 T:4000 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\DISKSTATION\video" with username "admin" and with password. Error code: 1219
16:45:18 T:4000 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\DISKSTATION\video" with username "admin" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

scott s.
(2016-03-19, 03:23)RMP888 Wrote: I am experiencing a similar issue as well, the nas connection is ok, it is just the scanning that gets to 98% completed [estimated] and then just sits there forever.

Debug log (wiki)?

scott s.
(2016-03-19, 23:57)scott967 Wrote: Thanks for the log. I'm not an SMB expert but it seems like something is broken in your SMB credentials that Kodi is trying with:

Code:
16:45:17 T:4000 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\DISKSTATION\video" with username "admin" and with password. Error code: 1219
16:45:18 T:4000 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\DISKSTATION\video" with username "admin" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

scott s.

Hi Scott!
Sorry for the late reply....
I had my NAS mapped on my HTPC as a "D" drive. I deleted it and "bingo", Kodi scans in a few seconds now. Not sure why (or if) that was the problem, but things seem good now!!!
-Gregg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi scanning for new content suddenly taking forever0