Linux Failing to mount NFS share properly
OK - stick with me here, as this is a little complex. I have an NFS server which is sharing two different shares. Each share comes from a different block device /dev/sda and /dev/sdab. The NFS server is on a raspberry pi. I can succesfully mount the different shares on my linux laptop and it behaves as expected.

However, when I try to mount it on my kodi raspberry pi, I only ever get to see the one block device (/dev/sdb). I go to Videos, then add videos, then browse, then Network File System, then the ip address of the server comes up - click on that and I'm presented with /srv/nfs4/video and /srv/nfs4/video1 - it doesn't matter which one I click, I get the same block device. I'm guessing this problem is with Kodi as it works fine on my other linux machines.

Could it be a mismatch between the server and client version? What other things should I be looking out for? I've even tried mounting it via the command line

Code:
sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.215:/srv/nfs4/video /home/osmc/disk3

and

Code:
sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.215:/srv/nfs4/video1 /home/osmc/disk4

but get the same results (i.e. the same block device in both disk3 and disk4 directories.
Hi Kabads,

I had a similar problem quite some time ago : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=140389

In my case, it turned out to be a problem with the names of the NFS shares being to similar (Public and Public2). You seem to be in the same situation. Try to rename your second share. It might solve your problem.

Regards,

Daniel
Shouldn't be a problem anymore, as Memphiz told he had fixed this for Kodi 'Frodo' which is long time ago. But it might still be worth a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failing to mount NFS share properly0