another tvguide script
dudes,

i've created a perl script that runs on a linux server as a daemon and periodically checks and parses an xmltv file. this perl script acts as a server for gui clients to connect to.

i've also created a python frontend plugin for xbmc, that connects to this server and displays the tvguide.

find it at www.based.com/xmltvdaemon/.

the benefits of this approach is that you can simply use all the xmltv scripts from xmltv.org (or any other source that generates xmltv compliant files). therefore it should transparently work for any region/country. the interface is also quite fast because almost no processing is done on the xbox itself.

well.. let me know what you think,

edwin zuidema
i am very dumb at this but is it possible to install this script on a remote webserver, as i am unable to install perl on my pc.
(ent @ april 17 2004,05:06 Wrote:i am very dumb at this but is it possible to install this script on a remote webserver, as i am unable to install perl on my pc.
sure, if you can find anyone to run the perl script on a server with the xmltv file for you region this could be done very well.

i haven't tested this in terms of speed, so if anyone want's to try, be my guest.
i've added an option to (runtime only for now) cache the program listings.. so it doesn't always reconnect to the server when you go to a channel you've been before.. maybe this helps improve the speed when connecting to a remote (internet) server..

maybe i'll also put in a cache that saves the listing in a simple form on the xbox.. so it only reconnects once a day or something.. but i haven't had many replies on people wanting to use this script, so maybe it isn't in great demand, so i'll just wait a bit before adding useless features Smile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
another tvguide script0