Possible memory leak?
Hi,

I recently switched to Titan on several android and libreelec based devices and I'm loving it.

However, on my main htpc that is always on, I noticed that after a few days, it gets really sluggish. I also noticed that the memory usage keeps creeping up.

Just to make sure it wasn't any of the addons or kodi itself, I switched to another skin, left it on for a little while, and memory usage remained constant at about 25% (2GB total). But when I switch back to Titan, it starts out at 25%, after a day it goes to 45% and another day later, it is at 67%. They are all running the latest stable jarvis.

I didn't test it on the android devices because I don't leave kodi open on them all the time.

Has anyone else observed this behavior?

How should I test it further? Would logs help?

Thanks
Hmmm, the skin iteself can in no way cause a memory leak.
Most possible this is caused by the huge amount of artwork that is used in the skin. Like for example the rotating images on the tiles.

Would it be possible for you to test Kodi Krypton on one of your boxes, just as a test.
There were quite a few optimalizations to the Kodi code, this memory leak might as well be also addressed.
(2016-09-06, 21:13)marcelveldt Wrote: Hmmm, the skin iteself can in no way cause a memory leak.
Most possible this is caused by the huge amount of artwork that is used in the skin. Like for example the rotating images on the tiles.

Would it be possible for you to test Kodi Krypton on one of your boxes, just as a test.
There were quite a few optimalizations to the Kodi code, this memory leak might as well be also addressed.
I'll try krypton and report here. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible memory leak?0