Update from XBMC 12.2 ?
I have an old ARMv7 Procssr rev4 amlogic menson 8726m skt sh rev 20 android box. I guess updating android is a no no, Will I at least be able to update from its current xbmc 12.2 to kodi 16.2 via 14.2? I cant get to the xbmc update folder as It wont let me connect via its IP on the network, just gives me the web IF remote.There is no on tv screen android interface like the newer boxes. Any ideas?
Thread moved to Android.

What version of Android does the box run?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
lo

old hardware buddy. you might not be running android but some kind of Ember or something else. Its linux with just kodi on it. that means you have to upgrade yer OS to update yer Kodi.
You could be right Pants, in system info OS:Linux 2.634 but 'android' is printed on the remote. It boots straight into XBMC, would it be the makers own stripped flavour of Linux, ie.not public ? In which case is there sw availabe to start from scratch?
How about a toothpick reset by the av hole (how long should I hold it) and then Openelec via sd card - feasible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update from XBMC 12.2 ?0