v18 Multimedia keys broken?
Just made a little last test:

"KodiSetup-20170603-f22d62dc3f6-master-x64" with the skin and all the addons -> no crash

all kodi Leia 64 bits nightly since "KodiSetup-20170603-4ffb0736b28-master-x64" included with the same skin and the same addons -> instant kodi crash when music playback stop

So, at least for me, it comes from something that has been change (on purpose or not) between these 2 nightlies
Moanbag is in da place!
May have find the issue: as soon as I stoped displaying shadertoy visualisation while playing music -> no more crash!

As this visualisation come with kodi and is made by team-kodi, can I expect that someone from the team look at this issue?

Edit: I also ask the skin maker to check on his side
Moanbag is in da place!
I missed "- audiodecoder.nosefart" which is in my log... obviously not that. When I read your first post, I immediately thought visualizations (they hit the hardware) and a few ot those extras have been suspects in the past. shadertoy visualization is afedchin, and from this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2333079 I'll sorely miss it.

if it comes from an addon then why does it work if I try with a previous nightly? My presumption is that something broke along the upgrades, and may yet be repaired (given the above, with some nagging) as we know Kodi is a work in progress, and shadertoy was one of the highlights for me too. skin maker does not have the same issue on leia nightly for MacOS? these routines in visualizations come from the hardware graphic hooks, it's likely you get different results with different hardware; is this visualization an option for Mac?

I'll try to confirm the issue with shadertoy right now. saving this message should I crash. Alas this visualization is no longer listed, picked it up directly from the forum and it did install, but when I went to preview it, it gave me "Add-on can't be loaded' "can't load shared library". -culprit found-
Thanks!

Just hope it will be updated...
Moanbag is in da place!
The binary addon system is currently going through a major refactor/rework so strange behaviour with binary addons is probably to be expected at the moment, personally if binary addons such as visualisations and pvr are a must for your usage I'd stay well away from nightly builds for the moment for usage on your main install.
(2017-06-08, 12:02)jjd-uk Wrote: The binary addon system is currently going through a major refactor/rework so strange behaviour with binary addons is probably to be expected at the moment, personally if binary addons such as visualisations and pvr are a must for your usage I'd stay well away from nightly builds for the moment for usage on your main install.

I do not use pvr at all and I can simply disable shadertoy for now

I know that kodi leia (and even more kodi 64 bits for windows) is still in pre-alpha stage and that issues are expected on the way
I only use it on my computer for some light use while reporting possible issues
My main HTPC is on kodi 17.3

Sorry if I were not clear enough (english is not my first language)
Was just saying that I hope shadertoy will be fix somewhere along the way and not totally removed from kodi
Moanbag is in da place!
Just wanted to make you aware there's currently a lot of changes being made in the area of add-ons, basically the old system is being ripped out in stages and being replaced with a new system, so there's greater likelihood of instability when using add-ons in Leia than there would have been for Krypton for example.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multimedia keys broken?0