Solved Toggle Kodi boot delay until networking established
Brand new Kodi and RPi user.  Sorry. Sad

There's a switch to delay Kodi booting until networking is established.  While attempting to bring up my first time install via WiFi, I turned this switch on and apparently forgot to reset it. Sad

I eventually established Internet connectivity via hardwired ethernet and subsequently installed a VPN.  All seemed well. 

However, Kodi later crashed I had to disconnect the power to restart.  Now Kodi won't boot. I get nothing.  Just a black screen.  Not even the rainbow square that I saw when the RPi booted.

I suspect it's that software switch interfering with the Kodi boot process because the VPN isn't established until Kodi is running.

I see net traffic on the ethernet connector on the RPi, but I don't think Kodi is convinced that it's connected to the network yet, so that configuration stops it from loading.

Any ideas?  No backup of the SD card. Sad

Is there a configuration file on the microSD card that I can edit to change this setting back to default?
SOLVED. Smile

What was preventing Kodi from booting was the USB WiFi antenna.  Apparently Kodi defaults to using WiFi if an aux antenna is plugged in and I haven't been able to establish WiFi connectivity yet.

Removing the antenna allowed Kodi to boot from ethernet.  

I toggled the "delay Kodi boot until networking established" switch back to OFF.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Toggle Kodi boot delay until networking established0