Need Beta Testers for New Add-on: Live TV Playlist
I’m looking for PVR users to beta test my Add-on, “Live TV Playlist”. This Add-on enhances your Live, Over-The-Air (OTA) TV viewing experience by giving you the ability to create a playlist of your favorite TV shows. When it’s time for your show to air, the Add-on will automatically change the TV channel to your program a few seconds before it starts.

I’m especially interested in testers who use different hardware platforms and different PVR systems.

FAQ:

1. How does your Add-on work?
The “Live TV Playlist” operates similarly to an audio playlist except it maintains a list of your favorite “Over The Air” (OTA) TV shows. The Add-on sets an alarm for each TV show in the list and when that alarm goes off, it tells Kodi to change the channel. This process occurs without your intervention, which means you can sit back, relax and enjoy watching your favorite shows.

2. Can I control the playlist with my TV remote control?
Yes, but only if your remote works with Kodi.
The Add-on makes it easy for you to program which button on your remote activates the playlist manager.

3. How do I enter my favorite shows into the playlist?
It's very simple:
   a. Bring up the EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
   b. Select your TV show
   c. Access the EPG's context menu and click on "Add to Live TV Playlist".
       An alternative to the context menu is even simpler.
       Just click the activation button on your remote.

4. Can I edit the playlist?
Yes. You can edit a playlist entry and perform other functions.

5. Will I get a notification that the Add-on is about to change the channel?
Absolutely Yes! A notification dialog will appear in the lower right hand corner of your TV screen that will count down the seconds before the channel will change. If you click on the Cancel Button in the dialog before time runs out, the channel change will be aborted.

6. What if I go out of town for work or go on vacation, will the playlist be running while I'm away?
Yes it will.
However, you can activate Vacation Mode in the Add-on’s settings which will suspend all operations.

7. How many languages does the Add-on support?
Currently two:
   English
   Spanish

8. How can I get the “Live TV Playlist” Add-on?
From my repository: jmooremcc.repo.zip
Source: Live_TV_Playlist
Wiki: wiki.Live_TV_Playlist

9. On which platforms did you develop and test the Add-on? 
Raspberry Pi
   LibreELEC Version: 9.01
   Kodi Version: 17.6
   PVR: NextPVR

Raspberry Pi2
   LibreELEC Version 9.01
   Kodi Version: 17.6
   Kodi Version: 18.1

Windows Laptop Computer
   Windows Version: 10
   Kodi Version: 18.0

10. Can the Add-on generate entries in the Kodi debug log?
Yes. The Add-on has a DebugMode setting (turned on by default) that enables the generation of entries in the debug log. However, DebugMode respects Kodi’s logging settings which means it will not generate log entries if logging is off.
I recommend placing the following entry in your advancedsettings xml file to enable logging:
     <advancedsettings>
          <loglevel>1</loglevel>
     </advancedsettings>
Version 0.9.37 Released
Version 0.9.39 has been released.
The add-on now supports three languages: English, German & Spanish.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Beta Testers for New Add-on: Live TV Playlist0