• 154(current)
Release YouTube
(2024-05-14, 02:05)Nanomani Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 19:28)JNRW Wrote: I hope someone can help me. I have Windows 11/Kodi v21/YouTube 7.0.6.1 and for some reason, recently, none of the “Live” streams such as Sky News or GB News or, more importantly my wife’s live kitten streams are actually live, being at a different time and repeating themselves.

I have reinstalled the YT add-on, reput in my three API settings but to no avail. 

I think I am missing something in the settings and would love someone to show me the way forward.

You must set in addon Youtube this if it is not like that :
xml:
Settings > Advanced > InputStream Adaptive > Use for live stream MPEG-DASH

Thank you so much for that. It works! Could I ask you one more thing? On Settings > General > Stream features, I have all those that can be enabled set to enabled with the exception of Enable AV1 video. In your opinion should this also be enabled?
(2024-05-14, 13:08)JNRW Wrote:
(2024-05-14, 02:05)Nanomani Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 19:28)JNRW Wrote: I hope someone can help me. I have Windows 11/Kodi v21/YouTube 7.0.6.1 and for some reason, recently, none of the “Live” streams such as Sky News or GB News or, more importantly my wife’s live kitten streams are actually live, being at a different time and repeating themselves.

I have reinstalled the YT add-on, reput in my three API settings but to no avail. 

I think I am missing something in the settings and would love someone to show me the way forward.

You must set in addon Youtube this if it is not like that :
xml:

Thank you so much for that. It works! Could I ask you one more thing? On Settings > General > Stream features, I have all those that can be enabled set to enabled with the exception of Enable AV1 video. In your opinion should this also be enabled?

When addons YouTube is working I change as few settings as possible.
AV1 if I have all understand is free codec that use less bandwith than other Codec but need more CPU to decode.
IMHO is usefull if you are a low bandwith Internet. Anyway you can take a test and go back. There is no risk
(2024-05-14, 16:04)Nanomani Wrote:
(2024-05-14, 13:08)JNRW Wrote:
(2024-05-14, 02:05)Nanomani Wrote: You must set in addon Youtube this if it is not like that :
xml:

When addons YouTube is working I change as few settings as possible.
AV1 if I have all understand is free codec that use less bandwith than other Codec but need more CPU to decode.
IMHO is usefull if you are a low bandwith Internet. Anyway you can take a test and go back. There is no risk
Once again thanks for your reply. I have had that item enabled for nearly 24 hours and there is no discernible difference. But no matter, everything else is fine.
(2024-05-08, 01:57)turker Wrote: Hi everybody. Kodi rocks. Anyway, i have a google tv and i installed both a "no-ad" version of youtube app (you know what it is) and i also have Kodi on it. My TV has both vp9 and av1 hardware acceleration. The youtube app in question can play av1 videos from youtube perfectly fine. However, no matter what i did, i can not get the youtube addon in Kodi to play av1. It always selects vp9. Even when i select manual quality, it doesn't show any av1 option in the menu, even when the videos actually come with it.

Is it just me or is it a general problem with the addon and Kodi? I set things up correctly with the youtube addon. I tried to disable vp9 and enable only av1, but it still goes for vp9.
Same here, AV1 is used in the browser if set to be preferred, but not with the YouTube addon v7.0.6 running on Kodi 21 for WebOS. The TV (LG C2) supports AV1 decoding and other Kodi addons use the codec, so I'm wondering if this is perhaps a general issue?
hi all,

I have two questions.

1. I am using the plugin with an API ID and API key. Do I still need to login a user? With the API I can somehow access some videos but I cannot access my personal subsciptions etc.
2. With the API key added, when I try to sing in/log in on google.com/devices I am getting always errors. Actually all worked before and stopped working. I resinatll various versions but now nothing works. Even the beta does not.

This is the relevant part of the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/ijamimuzes.kodi

Any advice is welcome.

Kind regards,

am
(2024-05-17, 19:41)AM2023 Wrote: 1. I am using the plugin with an API ID and API key. Do I still need to login a user? With the API I can somehow access some videos but I cannot access my personal subsciptions etc.
The API stuff is to access Youtube servers via the API, to access your private data you need to login from the plugin.
AM2023 Wrote:2. With the API key added, when I try to sing in/log in on google.com/devices I am getting always errors. Actually all worked before and stopped working. I resinatll various versions but now nothing works. Even the beta does not.
I am no expert but I think based on your log that you did not create the correct type of API key, the client type needs to be something like "TVs and other limited devices" more info here(github).
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
hm, thamx for the feedback. I did create a new OAuth client. And uodated the data in the plugin. Unfortunately still no go. I am still getting "Access token failed" with 428 error Sad
(2024-05-17, 23:28)AM2023 Wrote: hm, thamx for the feedback. I did create a new OAuth client. And uodated the data in the plugin. Unfortunately still no go. I am still getting "Access token failed" with 428 error Sad

Did you check the link? and if you want support from the plugin developers you need to post an issue here
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
Thanx for the hint. I have seen another bugreport there. So I just had to downgrade to latest non beta and with the new token now it finally works again.
ls there a problem with the my api key or with the youtube app version?
Further to my post #2294 I have nine YouTube links saved in favourites, such as Sky News etc.

Recently every time I start a stream on all nine I get low resolution but by closing and reopening the stream immediately I get high resolution. This is really only a niggle and not a big problem but it does seem a bit odd.

The before and after resolutions are as follows: 256x144 to 1280x720, 426x240 to 1280x720, 426x240 to 1920x1080, 854x480 to 1280x720, 640x360 to 1920x1080, 854x480 to 1920x1080.

It happens every time and I hope some kind person can tell me how to get the better resolution by default.
just wanted to get a quick gut-check here before putting in the time to investigate and submit a proper bug, but is anyone else getting logged out every 2 days or so? was working for years now all of a sudden i keep getting logged out.
(Today, 00:21)EMAILBEN145 Wrote: just wanted to get a quick gut-check here before putting in the time to investigate and submit a proper bug, but is anyone else getting logged out every 2 days or so? was working for years now all of a sudden i keep getting logged out.

Yes - I just had it happen twice in a row ... video finished and my Watch Later went blank - so I logged in - played a video and same thing happened again when it ended so I came here to see if anyone else was experiencing it ... YouTube messing with things again is my guess

UPDATE: - I installed the 7.07 version and it hasn't logged out after the video finished this time ... not sure if it will continue to work or for how long ... but it seems to work initially (better than the 7.05 was) ... hope this helps ..
I hadn't used my kodi system on Rpi4 in a few weeks, and I just upgraded to the latest kodi version and youtube addon. It runs so so well, there's been a noticeable performance boost on my system. I want to thank anxdpanic and everyone who has contributed to this addon. Good stuff.
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0